Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i stay strong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
My marriage has been suffering for a while. Dh says he wouldn't leave me and our 2 kids but I feel like it's going to happen any day now. I am waiting to hear from a job that I believe I got but don't think it will be enough to support me and the kids. I have already moved in with my parents and am going to sell our house (in another state) since he works separately and I wanted to be closer to family. I just feel like this is the beginning of the end and the thought makes me sick to my stomach. Our 7 year anniversary is next weekend.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Myw1ldcrazylife
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:25 AM

Wait, why doesn't husband live with you?  I get selling something to move closer to your family, but where is husband?

jjames1990
by on May. 30, 2016 at 9:26 AM
Prepare for the worse. Work really hard for the best. Dig your heals in and make him fall in love with you all over again. Hugs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 9:31 AM
He works construction. He has a contract he is working a few hours away from the house we are going to sell. I moved because I didn't feel safe by myself after I found a lock damaged on my house. He pays his own rent for a camper that sits in an rv parking lot and would come home (to the house) on the weekends he didn't work.

Quoting Myw1ldcrazylife:

Wait, why doesn't husband live with you?  I get selling something to move closer to your family, but where is husband?

Gmgej
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:36 AM

Well if you don't want it to end then work on it. Go to counseling, get out of your parents house, and bck in his. Honestly it sounds like the end because in your head it is the end, if it isn't what you want then work your ass of to make it work.

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:39 AM
You need to work on the relationship.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 9:39 AM
At what point will we go to counseling? He works 6 days a week and I see him once a month. If there's an easy way to do that, please tell me.

My head is in the end because I want to be prepared if this is, in fact, the end. And I won't stay in a house where I don't feel safe.

Quoting Gmgej:

Well if you don't want it to end then work on it. Go to counseling, get out of your parents house, and bck in his. Honestly it sounds like the end because in your head it is the end, if it isn't what you want then work your ass of to make it work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 9:40 AM
Suggestions are welcome.

No, I am not being a smart ass. If I could get actual suggestions that can be adapted to our situation I will gladly take them.

Quoting eyes4ears: You need to work on the relationship.
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:41 AM

If both parties participate, counseling can be very helpful.  But you can't force someone to love you if they don't. 

Quoting Gmgej:

~*~ Diamepphyre ~*~

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:42 AM

What exactly are these relationship issues?

Myw1ldcrazylife
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:43 AM

Is he doing anything, or do you see signs of anything that might make you worry that he has strayed or is thinking of it?  Many people make this work without their marriage falling apart so you may be just feeling insecure or worried.  However, as a woman, you should always listen to your instincts.  Most of the time when we don't we wish we did later.  Never hurts living near or with your family.  Grandparents are usually (not in my case-mine are certifiable nut cases) a great asset with grandchildren

Quoting Anonymous 1: He works construction. He has a contract he is working a few hours away from the house we are going to sell. I moved because I didn't feel safe by myself after I found a lock damaged on my house. He pays his own rent for a camper that sits in an rv parking lot and would come home (to the house) on the weekends he didn't work.
Quoting Myw1ldcrazylife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)