Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm losing my best friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I am just sad today. Lately, my best friend has kind of distanced herself from us a bit. At one time, she was at our house like almost every day. Lately I've been seeing her maybe once a week at most. She used to call me daily, often multiple times a day. Lately, we only talk a couple times a week. I had chalked it up to her being busy and getting more hrs at her job but I found out last night, I was wrong.

We had a fire last night and she came over along with several oh my boyfriend's guy friends. She and I ended up off to the side alone and talking quietly for a while. We had had some drinks so lips were a bit loosened...she confessed to me that she can't be around us like she used to because she is in love with my boyfriend and it makes her too sad.

I am sad for her and I miss her but I understand why she feels she has to distance herself. I just wish things could have stayed the way they were. Last summer so probably the most fun enjoyable summer I've ever had but now everything has changed.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 10:32 AM
if my friend told me she was in love with my bf the only thing I would say to her is "bye"
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on May. 30, 2016 at 10:34 AM
Yeah okay lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 10:35 AM
If she had attempted to act on those feelings in any way, I would agree with you. But she hasn't and won't. Instead she is distancing herself from the situation.

Quoting Anonymous 2: if my friend told me she was in love with my bf the only thing I would say to her is "bye"
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 10:39 AM
Ages? Of you, bestie and boyfriend.

This is how every Maury episode begins.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 10:41 AM
I give her a lot of kudos for distance herself. I had feelings for a friend's boyfriend and did the same thing because it wasn't ever going to happen even if they broke up. Friends don't ever date other friends exes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 30, 2016 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
This was done just last week. Think up your own troll shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 30, 2016 at 10:47 AM
What she said...

Quoting Anonymous 4: This was done just last week. Think up your own troll shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 10:48 AM
I'm 28, she's 26 he's 30.

Quoting AmaliaD: Ages? Of you, bestie and boyfriend.

This is how every Maury episode begins.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah she knows it isn't really going to happen. She has had a really rough time lately so I get it. I just miss her.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I give her a lot of kudos for distance herself. I had feelings for a friend's boyfriend and did the same thing because it wasn't ever going to happen even if they broke up. Friends don't ever date other friends exes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 10:49 AM
Your trolldar is off. I'm for real.

Quoting Anonymous 4: This was done just last week. Think up your own troll shit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)