Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanted to slap them both

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
This weekend, we (dh, myself, our kids, my parents, granparents) went with my brother, his wife, and their 3 kids to drop my brother at the airport. He reports to fort Jackson on Monday for basic training, and will be gone 8 months, counting basic and specialized training.it was an emotional goodbye for everyone.
My parents spent the entire time arguing, and not quietly. Like, arguing to where everyone was just uncomfortable and embarrassed, bringing up personal issues. This went on all fucking day.
Finally they quit, then decided to start again, literally as my brother was saying his final goodbyes to his wife and kids.
Normally I'm not a confrontational person, but I finally told them both to please either shut the hell up or walk away, because they were being completely selfish assholes. They did, but later told me I was "rude". No, you were rude for spending two hours notching at each other instead of supporting your son and his family. Seriously, want to throat punch them both.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 11:13 AM
I would be pissed. My parents fight constantly, but even they know when to save it for later.
This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2016 at 11:14 AM
I hate when couples argue in front of other people. It's incredibly rude and awkward.
quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 11:18 AM

have they always had problems?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 11:20 AM
It's always awkward when there's another couple fighting. My bff and her DH fight all the time and don't care who is around.
My DH and I always feel so awkward when they start in.on each other.

Some people just don't care how it makes others around them feel.

I hope your brother didn't let it distract too much from what was going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 30, 2016 at 11:21 AM
Awkward.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 11:28 AM
Assholes had to make it about themselves . How horrible they couldn't be there and not show their asses . They were there to be supportive of your brother and his family . They failed . Your SIL must be do upset .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)