Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going to leave this here

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome. I didn't read it, but I agree with the title alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

"Unless and until you’ve raised kids who never got hurt, were never out of sight, never fell down stairs, never got into trouble or did anything you weren’t fully aware of, you have no business vilifying someone else when that happens."

Yep, totally agree.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this
I think there's a pretty big difference between everyday accidents like skinned knees or even broken bones from falling and a kid being forgotten in a car or dropped into a zoo exhibit (idk about this one, but that's how that 2yo was killed in Pittsburgh awhile back - parents lifted him over the fence to see better). You can't assume your children will always do what they were taught, like not run into a street, but you should be able to assume your own mistakes won't kill them.
Bieg9093
by on May. 30, 2016 at 11:54 AM
I'm going with yes and no here.

One time, my husband asked for some Tylenol as I was putting dinner on the table. I put them next to his plate, at what appeared to me to be outside her reach, and said "take them before she sees them" as I turned and walked away. He almost immediately responded "okay, where are they?"

So yes...kids can be quick. And even when you've taken more than one precaution, it may not be enough.

But no...because it has since come out that the boy announced that he was going in. Perhaps more than once. And mom just told him not to without paying attention.

Don't text and drive. 

That doesn't mean you can look at your phone at red lights or stop signs or if you think you can do it quickly or if traffic's slow.  Just don't.  You're an adult.  Exercise some impulse control.  Quit driving like a 4 year old. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 30, 2016 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
This.

And I'll add there are some circumstances in which we should be hyper-vigilant. Places where there are dangerous wild animals is one such time.

Quoting B1Bomber: I think there's a pretty big difference between everyday accidents like skinned knees or even broken bones from falling and a kid being forgotten in a car or dropped into a zoo exhibit (idk about this one, but that's how that 2yo was killed in Pittsburgh awhile back - parents lifted him over the fence to see better). You can't assume your children will always do what they were taught, like not run into a street, but you should be able to assume your own mistakes won't kill them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)