Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thyroid

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

My thyroid tsh results came back as borderline. Doc said no prescription yet but if I wanted to look into supplements he was okay with that. However, I was so distracted with the discussion of other issues that I forgot to ask him for suggestions. I don't have any idea where to begin for a thyroid supplement.

Do you take one? Recommendations?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 2:53 PM
What kind dr. did these tests? Was it your family practice doctor? What tests were done and what were the results? The reason I ask, is that I have Hashimoto's disease. It is and autoimmune disease that causes hypothyroidism. But is often misdiagnosed. I am not sure what your document by supplements. I have to take prescription Synthroid every day.
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on May. 30, 2016 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I take iodine and selenium for mine. You should have a doc who will treat your symptoms, not just your TSH number. You may want go check out a book called Stop the Thyroid Madness by Janie Bowthorpe.
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 3:14 PM
Do not proceed without getting a free t 4, free t 3 and a reverse t 3. I would also recommend starting with dessicated ( natural) thyroid meds and not synthetic. You really need to start researching this. Stopthethyroidmadness.com is a great place to start. Thyroidmom.com is another.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)