Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sm died and dd said something cruel. Update page 10

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 171 Replies
My kids are old enough to understand what happened between their father and I without me having to say a word. He cheated with his assistant and left me broke. I bounced back and all that other jazz.

Anyway, sm recently died of cardiac arrest during a surgery. I don't know which and didn't ask.

Her funeral was today and ex wanted the kids(16yo dd, 17yo ds and 18yo 's)so I told them to go. Apparently, dd told her father that she's happy is whore of a plaything died and that this was karma for what we as a family went through. Dd has has a lot of resentment towards her father because of the drastic changes in lifestyle after the divorce(we were homeless and he didn't want to take them in because of the "stress", we had to move into a tiny apartment and i sold everything worth any value to help us get back to where we were on my own).

She's on her way and I'm unsure how to punish her. She's entitled to her feelings, but that is just wrong. I didn't raise her to be like that and I understand that teenagers are ass holes, but holy shit that was mean. What am I supposed to do with her?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 12:17 PM
9 moms liked this
I'd buy her something special.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 12:18 PM
4 moms liked this
Maybe some therapy. She sounds bitter and angry! Maybe talking to someone would help.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 12:18 PM
11 moms liked this
I wouldn't punishe her, I would lay on the disappointed guilt though. There is never an acceptable time to be cruel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 12:19 PM
She's in counseling because she's had a recent violent outburst.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Maybe some therapy. She sounds bitter and angry! Maybe talking to someone would help.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 12:19 PM
9 moms liked this
You ask her to apologize and then drop it . It's between her and her dad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I may have been hurt by my ex, but I don't reward behavior like that. She knows better.

Quoting ResidentRedhead: I'd buy her something special.
ShaMac
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 12:20 PM
I'd give her a hug and apologize for making her go. Did she even know the woman? It sounds like there hasn't been much contact from the OP. I would have a guilt filled talk with her about what are acceptable things to say and maybe make her volunteer somewhere. She would also apologize to her father.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 12:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I would probably tell her she's entitled to her opinion, but sometimes it's best to keep them to yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 30, 2016 at 12:20 PM
Honestly, I'd talk to her about being cruel to someone who was grieving and ask her to spend the day in her room. She expressed her raw feelings when emotions were already running high.
devinsane
by on May. 30, 2016 at 12:20 PM

ask her to apologize and then that's where I'd step out of the matter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)