Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WA residents hiking question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I know you need a discovery pass to do certain outdoor activities. I want to take my kids hiking, but dont want to buy a discovery pass. I was wondering if anyone knows if I need one to park in a hiking trail parking lot. Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 12:41 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 12:52 PM

I depends on if the trail is part of a state park system. They also have free days for state parks

http://discoverpass.wa.gov/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 12:53 PM

The Discover Pass is a motor vehicle permit only. You do not need the pass to access state recreation lands by boat or by non-motorized means (foot, horse, bicycle, etc.). Motor vehicles used to transport recreation equipment, such as vehicles pulling horse or boat trailers, must display the pass. However, the trailers being towed that are carrying the equipment do not need a Discover Pass. Boaters will still need to pay for such services as moorage and waste-pumping

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Discover pass is for Washington state parks.  You need a different one to hike most of the trails here-you need the annual Northwest Forest Pass, which you buy at the ranger station.  It is good for most hikes in Washington-except National Parks-like the Olympic National Park, which charge you a fee just to enter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 12:58 PM

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/go

Map of all the trails where you need a discover pass

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)