Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He fed kittens to the snakes...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies

I am really not sure how I feel about this. On one hand I more or less understand but on the other hand I just think "OMG kittens!?!?!"

There is a neighbor that everyone doesnt like. I am new here so I have no clue why. I asked one of my other neighbors why people didnt like him

I guess about 5 years ago he found a litter of feral kittens. He brought them to the humane society but they wanted to charge him $35 per kitten as a fee to take them in. (They wouldnt believe he found them they thought he was just trying to dump kittens). He was going to do it but then they told them that they were at capacity and the kittens would be euthanized. 

Instead he took them home and fed them to his snakes. He didnt see it as any different than if he went and bought some rats, these kittens were going to die anyway. He did an at home euthanasia (Using CO2 like he does with the rats) 

I guess I dont see the reason to hate him. Sure it is different and weird but it isnt like he goes out of his way to do it. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 30, 2016 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't feed a rat to a snake and rats freak me out. I definitely couldn't feed a snake kittens.

I understand the circle of life and all, but I'd rather not participate so directly.
Keara20
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 12:57 PM
I'm just here for the comments lol
valarie1979
by Already on it on May. 30, 2016 at 12:57 PM
Well, it's sad but he did what the society was going to do anyway. He tried to do the right thing. :0 (
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 12:57 PM

I am interested because I honestly had never thought about a situation like this. I figured it would get interesting. 

Quoting Keara20: I'm just here for the comments lol

thatgirlyouknow
by on May. 30, 2016 at 12:58 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't know why I opened this
Lady_Facetious
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 12:58 PM
I love cats but I don't really have a problem with that. They were going to be euthanized anyway, might as well go to good use.

The people getting oogy about it are being ridiculous. And are full of shit if they didn't take any kittens in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too.

Quoting Keara20: I'm just here for the comments lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 12:58 PM
He fed his snakes. I don't see the issue.

I used to feed bunnies to my ex's snake. It's the same damn thing. When the snake got too big for bunnies, we fed him grown chickens and grown rabbits. Cats/kittens are the same thing.
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on May. 30, 2016 at 1:00 PM
That's kind of effed up, but it's not like he fed them to the snakes when they were alive.
Keara20
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 1:01 PM
I have a rabbit and have no issue with that. That's life

The snake would eat them in the wild anyway

Quoting Anonymous 3: He fed his snakes. I don't see the issue.

I used to feed bunnies to my ex's snake. It's the same damn thing. When the snake got too big for bunnies, we fed him grown chickens and grown rabbits. Cats/kittens are the same thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)