Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well we can do it the easy way or the hard way

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
DD is almost 3. BF is a dead beat and I'm tired of it. I've never taken him to court, but if we don't come to an agreement I will.

He is not on her birth certificate, but I have all of his information and can force it.

*update* it's filed. We won't hear about a court date for 4-6 weeks. By that time I'll be out of state, so he won't be able to stop the move.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 30, 2016 at 12:59 PM

if I wasn't married to the father of my child I would go to court no matter what. Its just the smart thing to do. have it all legal and enforceable. Good luck!

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 30, 2016 at 1:01 PM
You should've handled this years ago.
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 1:03 PM

Of course you should ALWAYS go to court to get child support.  The court will order a paternity test, then you'll be set.  He might still be a dead-beat, but his life will be a lot more difficult because of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 1:06 PM
I should have. We were working together pretty well at first... now I'm just tired of fighting with him.

Quoting brettsmomma:

if I wasn't married to the father of my child I would go to court no matter what. Its just the smart thing to do. have it all legal and enforceable. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 1:07 PM
At first we worked together really well, but the last year everything is a fight.

Quoting Danesmommy1: You should've handled this years ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 1:09 PM
There will be a court order either way, but either we agree, have a lawyer draft it out, and have it signed off on that way, or I'll fight it out with him in court.

We've done DNA. He's definitely her father, he's just being difficult.

Quoting chalisa0:

Of course you should ALWAYS go to court to get child support.  The court will order a paternity test, then you'll be set.  He might still be a dead-beat, but his life will be a lot more difficult because of it.

3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 1:10 PM
Think of it as fighting for your DD's rights.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 1:12 PM

So you are at fault to begin with because you did not name him as father of record, and you expect him to just hand over money?  You're not married to him, so how does he even know he's the father?  You've got two choices:  A., name him as father of record, and go through the proper legal route, or forget about him and continue to enjoy having your child all to yourself.  You can't have it both ways.  If he's not named, not participating in her life, and doesn't see her, you've got complete control over her wellbeing.  If you go the legal route, you'll wind up having to share custody, deal with a potential SM, etc.  Not having him involved means less drama, unless YOU choose to invite the drama into your life.  

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on May. 30, 2016 at 1:12 PM

so you live with him?

what agreement are you wanting to come to?

so vague.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 1:13 PM
Your child is entitled to his father's cs. Take him to court.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)