Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've outlasted all of them

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
When my friend was having a slumber party for her birthday she and our other friends thought I was asleep and they were talking about guys, marriage and kids. One of them started talking about me saying "I think she'll get married but she'll get divorced." I haven't really had much to do with her since we graduated. Our mutual friend just called me and we were catching up and she mentioned that this girl is getting a divorce for the third time. I'm the only one out of our group of friends that's still married...almost 15 years. I never told them I overheard them but every time one of them got divorced I just thought, gee, another one bites the dust. I guess they should have waited to get married instead of marrying the first guy that came along.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
acrogodess
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 2:08 PM
Um. Congrats. I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 30, 2016 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! Things always have a way of coming back to bite ya in the ass :) which is why I watch what I do and say. I strongly believe in karma.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 2:10 PM

HAHA. Thats great. I would probably have said something by now just to see their reaction.

This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2016 at 2:11 PM
I'm sure a lot of people think my fiancé and I won't last. I've never felt more certain of anything. Congrats to you!
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 2:13 PM
When I first married my dh my mom made the comment that we wouldn't last 5 years. Dh's family told him we wouldn't last either. Well, we're 10 years going strong. There's nothing wrong with people getting a divorce. Life is complicated and things happen, but to predict someone's marriage failure is just a bad thing to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 2:13 PM
See I would call them out on it, but I'm a b!tch like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 2:18 PM
Naw. I just get a sick joy out of watching them drop like flies.

Quoting Anonymous 2: See I would call them out on it, but I'm a b!tch like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)