Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You are not a perfect mommy...

Posted by on May. 30, 2016 at 3:09 PM
  • 279 Replies
70 moms liked this

Why do so many women claim that they never leave their children alone? Never take their eyes off their children? Their children never get hurt? Their child could never get lost? 

We are all moms on here, we know it's not true. There is no mom in the entire history of moms that has never looked away from their kids just once. 

Maybe you are a helicopter mom, maybe you have never used a babysitter of any kind, maybe your kids have never had an outing with their dad/other parent/caregiver without you, maybe you have never run in to check on dinner while they were playing in the backyard, never popped into the bathroom to pee and left the toddler alone with the dog. Good for you.

But you DO NOT watch them all the time. You do sometimes take your eyes off them, even in public. 

You shower and you sleep. You eat and drink, you look at signs, roads, billboards, the ground while walking, etc. So do I.

My kids have never gotten lost, never gotten left in a hot car/store/resturant, never climbed into a gorilla enclosure, never even gotten hurt past a mild scraped knee. 

You know what? That does not make me a perfect mom or better than other moms. It makes me LUCKY. 

Making others look bad does not make you look better. 

by on May. 30, 2016 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 3:16 PM
9 moms liked this

Absolutely true.  And if they don't ever take their eyes off of them, then there's something wrong there too.  Like obsessive behavior or something. 

cymkare
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. Not healthy for mom or for the kids. 

Quoting 3JuJu3:

Absolutely true.  And if they don't ever take their eyes off of them, then there's something wrong there too.  Like obsessive behavior or something. 

UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids think I am.
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on May. 30, 2016 at 3:19 PM

I agree. 

cymkare
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine, too. But that's a different issue. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe: My kids think I am.

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on May. 30, 2016 at 3:21 PM
24 moms liked this
I have never claimed to be perfect, but my actions/my child's actions have never resulted in an animals death. The death of an animal for being an animal.
Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
You're a better mom then I am.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 30, 2016 at 3:21 PM
5 moms liked this
People have gotten crazy. Overbearing used to be a bad thing. Now, it's the bare minimum. I keep a very good eye on my kid, but I have three. I only have two eyes. While #3 gets his new diaper, #1 can be up to some serious business. They work quickly!
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 3:21 PM
21 moms liked this

I will fully admit that I'm not a perfect mom. I've left my child alone IN the house to play plenty of times to play while I make dinner or go to the bathroom and such. However, when we are out in public and especially in a place like a zoo or amusement park, NO he has never been out of mine or DH'ssight. Especially at that young of an age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this
This is cm where everyone is perfect and rich. Well until the "how much do you receive in fs" etc ...then the welfare rats come out of the woodwork.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)