Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Men Have It So Easy (TMI maybe) ETA

Posted by on May. 30, 2016 at 3:39 PM
  • 45 Replies
Am I the only one who has a hard time giving a urine sample? I have a UTI. I went to the doctor today and they sent me to give a urine sample. I held it for hours because I knew they would ask for a urine sample so my bladder was pretty full. I empty my bladder but when I look in the cup, there was only enough in it to cover the bottom. It wasn't enough so I had to drink two cups of water and wait half an hour in a doctors office with a fussy baby to pee again. All to tell me what I already told the doctor. I have a UTI. I tell my boyfriend about the drama with peeing in a cup and he says he has never had that problem. Well duh. Of course he hasn't. He can just point his thing right at the cup and fill it as full as he needs it to be.

To clairify, the issue was aim. I had plenty of urine but it didn't make it into the cup.
by on May. 30, 2016 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 30, 2016 at 3:41 PM
You held it for hours and you only had a few milliters in your bladder? No wonder you have a UTI.
Bitemebetty
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2016 at 3:43 PM
I have never had the issue. I did need to take a drug test for a job and I was on my period, a very heavy period.
left.drowning
by Fix Me on May. 30, 2016 at 3:44 PM
My dad cant pee in a cup. Just sayin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wine-thirty
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 3:44 PM
Nope. No problem unless I just don't need to go.
Tiger_Mama
by on May. 30, 2016 at 3:46 PM
I have no problem giving a sample. And if you held it that one and had that little, there's the reason for your UTI. You need to increase your water intake.

By the way, this has nothing to do with gender. I've had plenty of male patients who can't go on command and many women who have no difficulty giving a sample
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 3:47 PM
I don't have that issue. I have pretty good aim for a girl.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 3:47 PM
I agree it's awkward, but it's pretty easy to tell if it's going into the cup or not and to stop the stream for a sec, move the cup around and try again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 30, 2016 at 3:49 PM
I don't have that problem. I mean I know where it comes out so I just hold the cup there. It's not like it sprays out of random places.
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 3:49 PM
Was aim or actual output the issue? I've never had issues with a urine sample unless I just couldn't go.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 3:49 PM
Nope. I manage to pee in a cup just fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)