Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am going to leave DH because he's miserable...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
My husband looks for reasons to be miserable. And I can not take it anymore. I try. I try so hard to make him happy or support him. I try to be his sounding board. I try to fix things. I try to just listen and love him.

But he is always miserable. About work. About hobbies. About life. TTC. Or not. Or because he's tired. Or sick.

I just can't do it anymore. It drains my energy and my happiness.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 3:51 PM
I agree. He can get help or you should move on with your life.
corticosteroid
by on May. 30, 2016 at 3:53 PM

Like...What sorts of things are bugging him though?  Stuff he can control, or stuff he can't control, both?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 4:00 PM
It is a cycle with him. He will get depressed about something. IE: work. He will get really depressed about his job and how he hates it. He will then get a new job and be magically happy again. Then 3-6 months in he hates it. He has been with this "perfect" job for less than a year (June 20 was his start date) and he is so miserable he is crying every day.

A few months ago it was his education level. He took some courses online and finished and got his degree.

Then it was because the degree isn't helping him get a new job.

Sometimes it is his physique. He will get depressed because of his weight or maybe lack of muscle. He will join a gym and improve what he wants.

Then it's his family. They don't visit or call enough. Or they annoy him.

He is always looking for a reason though.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Like...What sorts of things are bugging him though?  Stuff he can control, or stuff he can't control, both?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 4:04 PM
Sounds like my mom. Her most recent rant was about the subway in another country, how they don't have peppers or something.

I said well, it's supply and demand, maybe they don't have a big demand of peppers.

Then she said no, she knows that there is, but they aren't a "real" subway bc they don't have peppers and every subway needs to have peppers.

She'll truly believe that she knows what the other person is thinking or feeling.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on May. 30, 2016 at 4:05 PM
Some people are just miserable people. I couldn't handle that.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It is a cycle with him. He will get depressed about something. IE: work. He will get really depressed about his job and how he hates it. He will then get a new job and be magically happy again. Then 3-6 months in he hates it. He has been with this "perfect" job for less than a year (June 20 was his start date) and he is so miserable he is crying every day.

A few months ago it was his education level. He took some courses online and finished and got his degree.

Sometimes it is his physique. He will get depressed because of his weight or maybe lack of muscle. He will join a gym and improve what he wants.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 30, 2016 at 4:07 PM

Is he being treated for depression?  If not, I'd tell him get help or I'm out.

shell3m
by Shell on May. 30, 2016 at 4:07 PM
Sounds bipolar to me. He needs help...
jws120567
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 4:10 PM

He sounds like he needs medical intervention for his depression.  If you love him, encourage him to get the help he needs.  Leaving him over his depression could be catastrophic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 4:11 PM
It has been a LONG 10 years.

Quoting Ted1242: Some people are just miserable people. I couldn't handle that.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It is a cycle with him. He will get depressed about something. IE: work. He will get really depressed about his job and how he hates it. He will then get a new job and be magically happy again. Then 3-6 months in he hates it. He has been with this "perfect" job for less than a year (June 20 was his start date) and he is so miserable he is crying every day.

Quoting corticosteroid:

craazycuckoo
by on May. 30, 2016 at 4:13 PM

HA HA HA, I thought you meant a subway train.

I was sitting here saying, why the hell would a subway station have peppers for the passengers.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sounds like my mom. Her most recent rant was about the subway in another country, how they don't have peppers or something. I said well, it's supply and demand, maybe they don't have a big demand of peppers. Then she said no, she knows that there is, but they aren't a "real" subway bc they don't have peppers and every subway needs to have peppers. She'll truly believe that she knows what the other person is thinking or feeling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)