Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM called CPS on us because of our "20 ft dangerous snake"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

We have a reticulated python. She is about 13 feet long. She still has a way to go and one day she MIGHT get 20 feet. We just got a second baby for SS 16. 

BM is freaking out because she found out exactly what kind of pythons they were and now is convinced they are dangerous. 

Not only are they in locked cages but they arent dangerous at all. It isnt like SS is a baby who can get eaten. He bought the newest one with his own money

CPS came and checked out the snakes and the rest of the house. I felt so guilty that they were wasting time at my house (even though we didnt do anythign wrong and it wasnt our fault) instead of helping kids in need. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sexymamatoone
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2016 at 4:11 PM
She's stupid. Maybe she should actually research before calling and wasting everyone's time.
my4kids274
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 4:12 PM

That was a ridiculous reason to call.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 4:15 PM
Certainly not a reason for cps that was stupid. However I was attacked by a python. It was a burmese a little over 10 feet long. It was my own fault for not properly shutting his cage and then stepping on him. Was painfull
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 4:16 PM
14 moms liked this

I don't understand the point of having a pet snake. So you can take it from its natural enviroment and put it in a fish tank and stare at it. 

WickedPissah
by stomie on May. 30, 2016 at 4:17 PM
How do you know it was bm?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 30, 2016 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't have a snake in my house, but that's not cps worthy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 30, 2016 at 4:19 PM
This. But sadly so many are now captive and bred not like we can put them back in the wild.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I don't understand the point of having a pet snake. So you can take it from its natural enviroment and put it in a fish tank and stare at it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 4:19 PM

She threatened us with it if we didnt get rid of the snakes and the next day they showed up. Then she bragged about it because she "won"

Quoting WickedPissah: How do you know it was bm?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 30, 2016 at 4:20 PM
I love snakes. Can I makeout with it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 30, 2016 at 4:21 PM

i have a snake  mine is a ball python

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)