Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New puppy is throwing up!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

I cant take her to the vet today because they are closed. I cant even make an appointment until hopefully tomorrow

We just got her yesterday. She is super sweet. She threw up twice just clear stuff. She hasnt pooped since we had her. I already freak out and think it has to be parvo but IDK anything else

What should I do for her?  I have been offerning food and water but she hasnt been intersted.  What could it be? Any help will be appreciated. 

We live in the middle of nowhere. There is one vet within 3 hours of us and they arent open today. This puppy was brought home by SD after her friend found her and another puppy. We think she is about 8 weeks old 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma2Warriors
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2016 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Call the freaking emergency vet.

Google your area.
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 5:13 PM
Is it that yellow foamy bile? Has she been trying to eat grass?
HistoryMamaX3
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2016 at 5:15 PM
You don't want to wait a day longer if it is parvovirus. Find an open vet asap. I've been down the paro road, not good at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 5:15 PM

There is no emergency vet in my area. 

Quoting Momma2Warriors: Call the freaking emergency vet. Google your area.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 5:15 PM

It is a little foamy but white/clear

She hasnt been trying to eat grass

Quoting WemblyFraggle: Is it that yellow foamy bile? Has she been trying to eat grass?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 5:16 PM

There is none. I have had to deal with parvo also and this seems different but idk.  

Quoting HistoryMamaX3: You don't want to wait a day longer if it is parvovirus. Find an open vet asap. I've been down the paro road, not good at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

ring the breeder to find out what they were feeding her, how old is she? if she's under 8 weeks take her back to go  on the tit again. Emergency vet also is something I would be doing. She's a baby like a real live baby. They don't have time to wait till tomorrow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 5:18 PM

call the spca they will advise you also of who to ring in your area. If you ring your usual clinic they will have an after hours number. Every area has a after hours number it will be on the answer phone

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Again I cant do anything about the vet until tomorrow at the earliest. 

My SD brought her home her friend found her and another puppy. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

ring the breeder to find out what they were feeding her, how old is she? if she's under 8 weeks take her back to go  on the tit again. Emergency vet also is something I would be doing. She's a baby like a real live baby. They don't have time to wait till tomorrow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 5:19 PM

There is one vet within 3 hours of us. I alredy tried calling they are closed today for obvious reasons. 

Idk how the SPCA could help because I dont even know where there is one close to us. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

call the spca they will advise you also of who to ring in your area. If you ring your usual clinic they will have an after hours number. Every area has a after hours number it will be on the answer phone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)