Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling worthless

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Maybe it's just pms or exhaustion catching up, but I feel like shit. I've done nothing but sleep or lay around all weekend. I'm up now and I'm trying. But I've wasted 3 days now. I suck. Maybe I can actually get something done tonight and feel productive again. I slept all day so with a lot of coffee and maybe some music I can do it.
Ever feel like that? Ever just get to the point where you can barely get out of bed?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 5:39 PM
Take the rest of the day for yourself, and get back to the real world tomorrow
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 30, 2016 at 5:40 PM
Today has been that day for me too. But I've been on the GO all the time lately so I needed to rest up. I'm gonna chill the rest of the night because tomorrow is another day full of doctor appointments.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 5:43 PM
I wish I could but my kids need me to get a few things done. I just took a quick shower. Other than being a bit sore from laying around I'm ok. They have school tomorrow though so I need to feed them well, wash the girls' hair, and clean the bathrooms. Dh agreed he'll be right beside me the whole time.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Take the rest of the day for yourself, and get back to the real world tomorrow
ProudMommyChica
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2016 at 5:44 PM
It's definitely been a lazy day around my household. All this rain, we caught up on our rest today. DH and I took a 3hr nap. Wasn't the most memorable Memorial Day.
valarie1979
by Already on it on May. 30, 2016 at 5:48 PM
I'm pretty productive today but normally sat and Sunday I spend doing this. I do college and work during the week. So Saturday and sunday are mine to do nothing. I'm out of college so I am.doing more home improvement
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 5:52 PM
I did stuff earlier but now I'm completely wiped. Trying to work up to putting on my bra again so I can move the car.
PogoPalOj
by on May. 30, 2016 at 5:53 PM

Have you had a lot of emotional things going on?  That will take its toll on your mind and body.  Maybe you have just worn yourself out.  Sometimes we run so hard and do so much that our bodies just shut down whether we want them to or not.  Please don't feel worthless, it happens to us all. 

My mom went through that the other day.  She made the trip here, spent the next entire day at the VA with my grandfather.  Spent Thursday running around town with me.  Went shopping with me Friday and found out that her aunt died Friday night.  Friday night she also found out that that my niece's husband basically kidnapped four of their five children and took off for Baltimore.  Saturday she just couldn't understand why she was so tired.  We have spent Saturday and Sunday resting.  Well Saturday we did go to a flea market to buy some fleas because it was my birthday.  But it wasn't long before we were both home and in bed. 

Give yourself a break, you probably needed it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 6:53 PM
My online class starts at midnight. I've already done my intro in the discussions forum. So fucking stupid. Nobody cares. Lol. Oh well. 25pts. I have to respond to 2 more people and get ready for lesson 1. We also have home improvement projects everywhere. Painting, timing, yard work, replacing doors and trim, and eventually carpet, counters, and cabinets. Ugh.

Quoting valarie1979: I'm pretty productive today but normally sat and Sunday I spend doing this. I do college and work during the week. So Saturday and sunday are mine to do nothing. I'm out of college so I am.doing more home improvement
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 6:56 PM
Thank you. That sounds absolutely horrific for your poor mom and I'm sure you too. Yeah I guess we've just had so much going on and dh hasn't been able to work because he's been in so much pain. It's put more on me I guess. I've been working over time too. The kids are finishing up the school year and everyday there's something to do. I just had 3 days off and really though I'd get something done and I've accomplished nothing. Lol.

Quoting PogoPalOj:

Have you had a lot of emotional things going on?  That will take its toll on your mind and body.  Maybe you have just worn yourself out.  Sometimes we run so hard and do so much that our bodies just shut down whether we want them to or not.  Please don't feel worthless, it happens to us all. 

My mom went through that the other day.  She made the trip here, spent the next entire day at the VA with my grandfather.  Spent Thursday running around town with me.  Went shopping with me Friday and found out that her aunt died Friday night.  Friday night she also found out that that my niece's husband basically kidnapped four of their five children and took off for Baltimore.  Saturday she just couldn't understand why she was so tired.  We have spent Saturday and Sunday resting.  Well Saturday we did go to a flea market to buy some fleas because it was my birthday.  But it wasn't long before we were both home and in bed. 

Give yourself a break, you probably needed it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 6:57 PM
Omg the rain! It won't stop and it's thunderstorms which terrifies Dd and the dog.

Quoting ProudMommyChica: It's definitely been a lazy day around my household. All this rain, we caught up on our rest today. DH and I took a 3hr nap. Wasn't the most memorable Memorial Day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)