Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I broke her.

Posted by on May. 30, 2016 at 5:44 PM
  • 2 Replies
I had a side job as a photographer when I was in college. I worked in a studio, like Pirtrait Innovations, and I would take pictures of kids all day. It was hugely stressful but also such a fun job and I loved it.

One day I was going though my standard set of poses and for some reason, I don't know why, I decided to try a new pose.

We worked very quickly because we were expected to be able to finish with a customer in 15 minutes. So it was pose, smile, click, repeat.

When we got to the review part of the process the mother saw that new pose I had done and burst into tears. She was absolutely inconsolable for the rest of the visit and I had to work with her husband.

Apparently they had had the boy's brother's picture done 10 years before at the same store, different photographer obviously. And he had exactly the same thing done. They still had it hanging on their wall at home.

The hitch? The child has been kidnapped some 5-6 years before and they hadn't heard from or gotten a single clue since.

The rest of the event is kind of a blur to me. But I remember them wanting to buy over $500 worth of products Etc from me of the one pose and I refused to accept the money for it. I used my employee discount and paid for the materials but got the products for free.

I was just reminded of this when reading the "I was kidnapped." Post.

As a mom... I can't imagine what that was like. Losing a child... And then the picture being exactly the same....
by on May. 30, 2016 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AnotherKim
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 5:47 PM

That is so sad. I would have been in tears. It was nice of you to give her the discount.

DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I would do it again Even if I'd had to pay full price for the stuff they wanted.

Quoting AnotherKim:

That is so sad. I would have been in tears. It was nice of you to give her the discount.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)