Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dave Ramsey success stories

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
They're so annoying. I'm always looking for stories to inspire me and ideas to help in my situation. They have headlines like The Smiths Paid Off $160k in One Year!
Then you find out they make $120k/year and moved in with their parents, sold their $400k home, one of their BMW's & did without their yearly trip to Aspen.
Wow. Good for them.
There's never stories for people who make an average income, have nobody to house them for cheap or free, still havent been able to buy their first home or God Forbid have major medical debt.

It's just annoying
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 7:45 PM
Bump
Lillibella
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:47 PM
2 moms liked this
The only success story relating to Dave Ramsey is how much money he's made off of the chumps willing to buy his crap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 7:49 PM
Lol. It's all about down sizing. Just depends on how much you are willing to let go.
emandab
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:49 PM
I listen to Ramsey all the time and do hear great success stories from people that don't make much but gave up all nonessentials to pay off their debt. It's a way of life not a quick fix, just like a dieting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 7:49 PM
We didn't pay for anything of his but followed his plan to a T (you can find everything online for free) and paid off of our debt including our car a year early. I'm a SAHM and DH makes decent money but we're no where near rich.
januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:50 PM
I know several people who have found his methods successful. They didn't eliminate debt overnight though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 7:50 PM
That's what I'm starting to think. Was hoping somebody had a plan I could follow.

Quoting Lillibella: The only success story relating to Dave Ramsey is how much money he's made off of the chumps willing to buy his crap.
Lillibella
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:51 PM
There are women on here that use his crap. Maybe they can tell you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's what I'm starting to think. Was hoping somebody had a plan I could follow.

Quoting Lillibella: The only success story relating to Dave Ramsey is how much money he's made off of the chumps willing to buy his crap.
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:51 PM
I someone on my fb feed following him devoutly for a while. I haven't seen anything lately, so I'm guessing that they either fell off the wagon or got tired of posting. I always wanted to ask her how she planned to buy a house ith zero credit. I ow they don't make enough to pay cash. In theory, it seems good. But then you begin to realize what it's really going to take to live cash only. It isn't very doable for most.

But then, i'm not terribly educated on his methods. So I may be wrong about everything I think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
You missed the point. Downsizing is an excellent idea when you already HAVE anything to downsize.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lol. It's all about down sizing. Just depends on how much you are willing to let go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)