Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nothing Like Being Complimented For Your Nagging Capabilities.......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

:/

It was a genuine compliment from FIL, so I'm not offended.  But, I'm not exactly pleased with the compliment either. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 7:27 PM
I am not sure how that would be a compliment.
readyforhim
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:31 PM

eh, I'm sure you've had better compliments.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 7:51 PM

I am basically the personal assistant and family manager, not just for our immediate family but the extended family as well.

Especially once MIL passed away, if I hadn't stepped in and taken over managing how family things happen, we'd probably not have any contact with DH's side of the family.  DH's family is great, just really bad at keeping up contact and maintaining relationships.

FIL is grateful that I keep up the bi-monthly email updates, send out reminders and gift lists for birthdays and holidays.  Plan out holidays.  ETC.  

We also have 4 kids, all with really insane schedules.  And I would be thrilled to scale back, but all of the kids really enjoy what they do. So, I spend a lot of time balancing schedules, arranging carpools and making sure all the little details are addressed.  

And DH has a very heavy travel schedule for work, so I am often managing what he would normally cover.  Sending him reminders, scheduling his appointments around his schedule.  And all that fun stuff.

If you are on the outside looking in, I come off as a nag.  FILs compliment was a response to my most recent email update.  I had uploaded a bunch of new photos, added reminders about the upcoming birthdays and offered suggestions for gifts, and given him a brief update of what we were all up to.

One year I didn't do any of that, and birthdays were forgotten and feelings were hurt.  More FILs for not keeping him on track, than anyone else's.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I am not sure how that would be a compliment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)