Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Homework!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
My two little ones are in first and second grades and they come home with tons of homework for being in such a small grades.

When they get home, they have to start homework. By the time they get done with homework, I have to start dinner then clean up afterwards. After all that, they have to start getting ready for bed. Every day is the same routine...

My kids are with their dad on the weekends so that gives me not much family time with them.

They are not dumb children and their grades are very good so I do not see the point on them brining homework home. They should really save that for the children who is behind on their education.

And another thing, These Teachers gets paid to teach our children and from my understanding most of them only teaches for part of the day and sit behind their desks for the rest. So by the children brining home all this homework, we are technically doing the job they get paid for.

No wonder why Teachers do not get paid enough. There is no point of paying them when we have to teach them ourselves.
Might as well home school them but that would mean I have no job and the bills will not get paid. I honestly have no respect for Teachers and the school system anymore
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 7:29 PM
Kids need to learn to work independently. Teachers wouldn't be doing them any favors by helicopteting over them every moment.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:30 PM
Our district sticks firmly to the policy that homework is only for work not completed in class. My son rarely has more then 10 minutes worth
UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:31 PM
Im not a fan of homework.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:32 PM
Ffs
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:33 PM
The stupid of this post
emandab
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:35 PM
I second that.

Quoting alexmom529: Ffs
silverdawn99
by Jamie on May. 30, 2016 at 7:35 PM
You are seriously mistaken if you believe that. I have rarely seen teachers in lower grades actually sit at the desk
Jellybean5
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:35 PM
Homework is usually independent practice. If your kids require so much help from you that you feel like you're the one teaching them, they are probably below level. Their teacher probably sends it home to help them get caught up.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 30, 2016 at 7:36 PM
Homework is an important part of the learning process. I doubt your kids are so smart it doesn't matter.
SamMom912
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Many studies have shown that homework is pointless.
It shouldnt take ur kids more then 15 minutes.
Let them work independently for 10 & see what they get done on their own & let them bring it in to teacher. 😃
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)