Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not emotional about my miscarriages.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

Am I the only one who doesn't call them "angel babies" or seem to be very emotional or mourn their miscarried little ones?  My first pregnancy was a miscarriage, and I honestly remember being a little relieved; it was un-planned and I was very young.  We were married, and did want kids eventually, but that wasn't a good time.  The second time was when I was pregnant with my youngest; he was a twin and the twin stopped developing early in the pregnancy.  I remember tearing up a little when they told me, but that was it.  Nothing against women who do have strong emotions about their losses, I just wonder if I'm emotionally mute or something because I don't.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 8:57 PM
I was devastated at first but now I hardly remember. It was actually the best thing that could have happened in my situation and I'm glad I don't have a kid with my ex. I can't even remember what year it was.
kcangel63
by Fertile Myrtle on May. 30, 2016 at 8:58 PM
I wasn't upset with mine (9w4d) until a year later. I cried about it on the anniversary. Now I just think back, but wouldn't have my Jacob if it would have gone on. My miscarriage was Aug 17, 2010. Jake was born Aug 4, 2011.
piglet06
by Member on May. 30, 2016 at 8:58 PM
I have had 2. The first was at 6 weeks. No one even knew not a really big deal. The second was 12 weeks. It was a lot harder but at the same time I can talk about them no problem and I am not depressed over it. The worst part was breaking it to my kids the 2nd time. They didn't know the first time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 8:59 PM

I don't even remember the dates.  I remember what month I found out I was pregnant and roughly the date of the D&C just because I was in the hospital and have had to repeat my medical history.  

SerpentsKiss
by Erica on May. 30, 2016 at 8:59 PM
I was when it happened. It's been four years since the first two. I have had a baby since then. Had two more very early losses.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 9:00 PM

I think everyone handles things differently. I've never had a miscarriage, but I've done things that people tell me they could never emotionally handle. I don't think it makes me (or you) emotionally faulty, I think it just means everyone sees things differently and responds to them differently.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 30, 2016 at 9:01 PM
It really depends. A much tried for loss or a later loss may mean more.
Tiger_Mama
by on May. 30, 2016 at 9:01 PM
I've actually had a miscarriage, but most of the time I don't even remember. It wasn't a big deal, and barely registered. I'd totally forgotten until my doctor brought it up while reading through my medical records.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 30, 2016 at 9:02 PM
I've had 4,and I wasn't particularly upset about them. I didn't cry or really mourn or anything.
I was upset about my ectopic, though. I think because it was planned and then we had to end it.
NYmama96
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:03 PM
My first one no but 2,3,4,&5 I was devastated. Then we finally had baby #2. Then another miscarriage, then babies 3&4.

After that I had several more and those didn't effect me too much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)