Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wtf man there is no way we used that much data

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I have wifi at home. 90% of the time I am at home on my wifi. I rarely use our data unless I am using gps, or waiting in line at school or at a,doc appointment.

My dh will use data at work on his lunch break or early in the morning before he starts but we never go over 4 gb.

Today we have been at home all day long. Log on to our wifi at home. At 12 I got a text we have used 75% of our data usage. That Is fine because that still leaves us 2 gb out if our 6gb. Then we get a text at 9. We have used 90% of our data. I asked dh if his wifi is turned on he said yes and I wasn't even on my phone because I was outside talking to my sil. Then 20 minutes later another text came through saying we have used all of our data. Hoe In the fuck did that happen when we were connected to wifi. Our data Is now turned off so we don't go over because we don't know how it Is even happening. I called them. They didn't help at all other then going into my phone and looking at everything which was creepy as hell because I am looking at my phone watching him go through all of my apps and my pages moving on there on because he is doing it.

He kept saying I had pages open. I did on my wifi. The only page I had open was mom confessions before I cut my data usage off. The other pages got opened while I was on the phone with him and either way it shouldn't have used my data it would have used my wifi.

I am aggravated right now because I don't know how our data got used and we still have 7 days left. I hope I don't need my gps for anything. Grrr
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 10:59 PM

Some phones are automatically set to use data over wifi if the data signal is stronger. You may have had your wifi on but it was connecting through your data. You need to physically turn off the data to avoid it connecting over the wifi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Turn off notifications. It drains your data very fast. You'll notice a huge difference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 30, 2016 at 11:02 PM
Check your internet service. My cell phone goes straight to data without any notification when my internet goes out. We had a lot of momentary interuptions last summer because squirrels had eaten the box( I really dont know what that means but its what they told me) and my cell went over as well. I didn't even notice at first that it was going in and out.
Ms_Smock
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2016 at 12:29 AM
In settings under cellular there is an option for wifi assist. Make sure it's off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 31, 2016 at 12:34 AM
Damn. I use 12 gbs a month on my own. Thank god for unlimited.
Christy_517
by Lurker on May. 31, 2016 at 12:39 AM
Do you have AT&T? We're having the same freaking issues with all the data text messages. (Although I believe my husband's work email going off every 5 minutes probably doesn't help. But that is a whole different issue, lol!) It seems like AT&T is just juicing us this month. Ugh.
NCNJmom
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2016 at 12:40 AM
What company do you have?

Quoting Anonymous 5: Damn. I use 12 gbs a month on my own. Thank god for unlimited.
Mommy2Bri425
by on May. 31, 2016 at 12:48 AM

I've used 13 gbs this month and I still have 5 days left on my billing cycle. I am with T-Mobile. Unlimited everything.

Quoting NCNJmom: What company do you have?
Quoting Anonymous 5: Damn. I use 12 gbs a month on my own. Thank god for unlimited.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 31, 2016 at 12:49 AM
AT&T. We're grandfathered into the plan. We can't switch or we'll lose it.

conweis
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2016 at 12:49 AM
I have boost. Unlimited data

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)