Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have any of you spent time in a mental health facility?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

If so, why? Did it help? Do they treat you well? Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
girlywifey
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2016 at 12:04 AM
Bump
SweetbabyJ
by on May. 31, 2016 at 12:05 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2016 at 12:05 AM

Thank you

Quoting girlywifey: Bump

-Spider-
by on May. 31, 2016 at 12:06 AM

BUMP!

Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on May. 31, 2016 at 12:07 AM
I had to go once like 8 years ago. I had a nervous breakdown(I call it.) It did help and they treated me very well. The place was actually very nice and the people seemed pretty normal, it wasn't like girl interrupted lol. I think I stayed for a week or less. I can't remember.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2016 at 12:08 AM
I've never been so here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2016 at 12:09 AM
Yes, but it was back in 1994 when I was 13 and it was in an adolescent behavior health ward.

We were treated well, for the most part. A couple of the counselors were on a power trip and used their jobs to feel power over others, but the majority I feel genuinely cared and wanted to help.

I was there because my mom tried to be a good parent but didn't really know how and it led to bad reactions from me. She wouldn't let me go to a water park with friends but thought it was fine to let me go on a date with a 30 year old man. She demanded I go to church with nothing but old people and wanted me to participate in church shenanigans like speaking in tongues and passing out at the altar. I couldn't go to the mall with friends my own age but I could go to the movies with a much older guy. There are a million examples, but I think you get the drift. I couldn't stand the suffocation and wanted to be a normal teen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 31, 2016 at 12:09 AM
I haven't but sometimes I wish I could. Like a mental health spa retreat for a couple weeks. Sounds fabulous. I think those do actually exist, but I'm sure they're too expensive for the likes of me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 31, 2016 at 12:11 AM

Wilderness program. Saved my life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 31, 2016 at 12:12 AM
No!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)