Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can a spider crawl up the toilet?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
So i usually just kill spiders and flush them down the toilet to make sure they are gone but today was a different story... There was this huge fat spider that was crazy fast. I freaked out! It was impossible to try and kill it so i just grabbed the nearest cup(luckily i had my glass of water that i had just finished next to me) and i trapped it. I threw it in the toilet but it was going all crazy and fast so i hurried and flushed twice to make sure because it was still alive. Its like he was indestructible. Is there any chance it can crawl back up the toilet? Im freaked out and scared to even pee. Yes this is a serious question.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:35 AM

dump a cup of bleach in there.  Problem solved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:38 AM
I second the bkeach^ but I highly doubt it. Dude's dead now. I don't know of any spiders that can hold their breath very long.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:42 AM
Good idea. Ill do it now actually

Quoting Anonymous 2:

dump a cup of bleach in there.  Problem solved.

UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:44 AM
I don't think so flush it a few more times just in case.
Thunderbug75
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, if they can crawl up a water spout why not a toilet?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:45 AM
Leave the poor spider alone....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:48 AM

Actually, some spiders can "hold their breath" for a very long time.  See, they breathe through their skin on the underside of their abdomen, and some species have a bunch of hair all over.  The hair traps air against their skin and allows them to breathe underwater.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I second the bkeach^ but I highly doubt it. Dude's dead now. I don't know of any spiders that can hold their breath very long.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:50 AM
Well fuck. OP just burn the house down.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Actually, some spiders can "hold their breath" for a very long time.  See, they breathe through their skin on the underside of their abdomen, and some species have a bunch of hair all over.  The hair traps air against their skin and allows them to breathe underwater.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I second the bkeach^ but I highly doubt it. Dude's dead now. I don't know of any spiders that can hold their breath very long.

Marivilla
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:06 AM
Oh hell no

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:16 AM
Well thanks alot. Now ill have panic attacks everytime i use the toilet! Freaking out about the spider crawling back up onto me!

Quoting Thunderbug75: Well, if they can crawl up a water spout why not a toilet?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)