Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grocery lists

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:34 AM
  • 40 Replies
Let's see what everyone likes to eat!

Your grocery list for the week has 20 things on it. What are they and what meals do you make?

*you can assume stocked panty, spices and basics, so you don't have to buy those

by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2devin11005
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Cubed steak, onions, green peppers, beef broth, pinto beans, green onions, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, Bean sprouts, Bacon, Green beans, Hamburger buns, Potatoes, Chicken, Hamburger, Stew meat, Fruit, corn on cob

Shish kabobs no sticks with corn on the cob

Yoders swiss steak & mashed potatoes

Hamburger Potato casserole

Taco Casserole

Chicken fried rice

loaded baked potato casserole 

breakfast

chicken & rice with green beans

hamburgers and fries

This is my actual grocery list and my menu plan for next week lol.... I'm on my way to the store once I finally find the energy  

12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:44 AM

This is my list. I have beef and chicken and fish in the fridge so none of that is on the list.
12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:46 AM

This is what I'm making. I wouldn't call it my most exciting menu..
It's missing Calzone on Sunday, hamburger helper on Wednesday, salmon with baked potato on Friday.
TeeterTotter
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:48 AM
Oh, that sounds good. Especially loaded baked potato casserole. We eat a lot of chicken/rice dishes, too. Do you buy it rotisserie or refrigerated/frozen?

Quoting mom2devin11005:

Cubed steak, onions, green peppers, beef broth, pinto beans, green onions, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, Bean sprouts, Bacon, Green beans, Hamburger buns, Potatoes, Chicken, Hamburger, Stew meat, Fruit, corn on cob

Taco Casserole

Chicken fried rice

breakfast

hamburgers and fries

This is my actual grocery list and my menu plan for next week lol.... I'm on my way to the store once I finally find the energy  

mom2devin11005
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:53 AM

I buy the big bag of frozen chicken breasts from Sam's Club because I can get a 10 lb bag for $13 and then I have a rotisserie with a basket that I will rotisserie it myself or bake/toss in the crockpot depending on what I'm making lol

The recipe for the loaded baked potatoe casserole is the one that is floating around pinterest but I learned to turn the oven down to 350 and cover the pan with foil and just cook it longer

Quoting TeeterTotter: Oh, that sounds good. Especially loaded baked potato casserole. We eat a lot of chicken/rice dishes, too. Do you buy it rotisserie or refrigerated/frozen?
Quoting mom2devin11005:

Taco Casserole

Chicken fried rice

breakfast

hamburgers and fries

TeeterTotter
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
You're handwriting is so nice and neat! My lists are so sloppy lol. We usually buy pie crusts too. It costs more in fresh butter than it does pre-made, it's crazy. I think your menu sounds good.

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

This is my list. I have beef and chicken and fish in the fridge so none of that is on the list.
TeeterTotter
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:05 AM
We get the chicken quarters at Walmart for our dogs, it's a great deal! Usually Rotisserie for us though because I'm lazy.
Have you ever gotten the salmon from Sam's? It's great, about $14 for 3 meals worth. My friend gave me a recipe for loaded potato soup and it was amazing. I'm going to have to try the casserole!

Quoting mom2devin11005:

I buy the big bag of frozen chicken breasts from Sam's Club because I can get a 10 lb bag for $13 and then I have a rotisserie with a basket that I will rotisserie it myself or bake/toss in the crockpot depending on what I'm making lol

The recipe for the loaded baked potatoe casserole is the one that is floating around pinterest but I learned to turn the oven down to 350 and cover the pan with foil and just cook it longer

Quoting TeeterTotter: Oh, that sounds good. Especially loaded baked potato casserole. We eat a lot of chicken/rice dishes, too. Do you buy it rotisserie or refrigerated/frozen?

Quoting mom2devin11005:

Taco Casserole

Chicken fried rice

breakfast

hamburgers and fries

SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:07 AM
Just 20 items for the week? Bwahahaha
mom2devin11005
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I have not tried the salmon yet but I am really really picky about my salmon.... I lived near Seattle for several years when I was younger so I got spoiled with having really good salmon and the frozen stuff just doesn't cut it lol

Quoting TeeterTotter: We get the chicken quarters at Walmart for our dogs, it's a great deal! Usually Rotisserie for us though because I'm lazy. Have you ever gotten the salmon from Sam's? It's great, about $14 for 3 meals worth. My friend gave me a recipe for loaded potato soup and it was amazing. I'm going to have to try the casserole!
Quoting mom2devin11005:

Quoting mom2devin11005:

Taco Casserole

Chicken fried rice

breakfast

hamburgers and fries

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:11 AM
We eat out pretty much every day. We might make dinner on the grill or something once a week. I hate grocery shopping.
Dh just goes and gets fruit and milk and yogurt and vegetables and stuff like that every few days for breakfast and the kid's snacks and lunches.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)