Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry BM but I am busy this weekend. Leave the Skids home alone!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

I have 3 step kids that are 16, 17, and 18. They live with DH and I full time but went to stay with their mother for the summer (she lives about 2 hours away and this is the only time they get to see her for such an extended period) 

She got called away for the weekend for work. She asked me to watch the skids because DH is out of town. I told her I couldnt because I am busy. She then went on to start getting upset and seemed like she was almost in tears saying she didnt know what else to do. I told her to leave them home alone. They are all responsible kids. DH and I have left them home alone for a night before a weekend isnt going to be a good deal 

One of them is an adult and the other two are very close. She said she cant do that. She went and called DH and got upset with him. He told her the same thing. Now she is talking about how her job is going to be at risk if she doesnt go. Sorry but I dont feel that bad. She has a perfectly reasonable option she doesnt feel like taking it. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beco8627
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:34 AM
Oh well for her.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:35 AM
Yeah, if they're responsible, at that age, they're okay. She's obviously very uncomfortable with it though so I'd help her find a solution.
Sheila79
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:35 AM
Seriously? They're not even kids, surely they can handle themselves.
AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:37 AM
She needs to learn how to be an adult and solve her own problems.
ihave1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:37 AM
Damn. Lol they are old enough. That women sounds special.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:37 AM
Leaving them alone for a whole weekend is ok for some not for others.
At that age and with social media you just never know.
Why can't they come by your house and stay there alone if you're ok with it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheQueen88
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM

What is her reason for not leaving them at home? I don't understand why that wouldn't have been her first choice, especially since one of them could technically live on their own.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM

Is the woman fucking mental?

My parents were leaving me home alone for a week or more for business trips by the time I was the youngest child's age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM

Oh please....you get what, 8 weeks with your kids?  You deal,  you either say no, I can't work or you let the teens stay home...it's not like they're 5.   

Must be nice not to every be inconvenienced by having children, so that when a minor thing occurs it's an epic saga 

smh

mtfarms
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM

Why can't they just come back home for the weekend?  You say they are old enough to take care of themselves but maybe BM doesn't feel comfortable with that since they aren't with her for extended periods of time.  Isn't you being busy the same as her needing to leave town for the weekend for work?  It would be different if she wanted to go party all weekend but this is work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)