Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're a single mom

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:01 PM
  • 24 Replies
Would you take a job that made keeping your kid with you impossible? Or move to another town and leave your kid living somewhere else?

My sister has done this with my nephew, the dad lives in another state and is useless. She claims it's because she's a single mom. I call BS.
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CCMommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:02 PM
No never. I couldn't do that but I have other options. If I wasn't working and needed the job desperately I might have to reconsider my stance on it.
Anonymous052386
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:04 PM
Instead of getting a daytime job she was working 2 part time jobs and the hours were late night. So she said she couldn't keep him with her and took him to my mom. My mom offered for her to move in with her so she could be with her kid and she refuses.

Quoting CCMommy: No never. I couldn't do that but I have other options. If I wasn't working and needed the job desperately I might have to reconsider my stance on it.
cheekacheeka
by Emerald Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:05 PM

My mom left me with my grandparents for 5 months after she graduated to find a job and apartment for us. But she came back and got me. She also came to visit every weekend. 

This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:05 PM
I don't know, dude. In some countries people have to sell one child to feed the rest. It's super easy for me to sit here with my degree and career and say I'd never do that.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:06 PM
Wait, so she took her son to another state?
ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:07 PM
No. Absolutely not.
CCMommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:07 PM
I get the having to work part, I work all week too but I would have moved in with my mom if that was my option. That seems odd that she would rather be without the child than move in with mom.

Quoting Anonymous052386: Instead of getting a daytime job she was working 2 part time jobs and the hours were late night. So she said she couldn't keep him with her and took him to my mom. My mom offered for her to move in with her so she could be with her kid and she refuses.

Quoting CCMommy: No never. I couldn't do that but I have other options. If I wasn't working and needed the job desperately I might have to reconsider my stance on it.
Anonymous052386
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:07 PM
She has a degree. She claimed she couldn't find a full time job.

Quoting This_Lady_KK: I don't know, dude. In some countries people have to sell one child to feed the rest. It's super easy for me to sit here with my degree and career and say I'd never do that.
Anonymous052386
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:09 PM
This kind of stuff I get. But this has been going on for more than 2 years.

Quoting cheekacheeka:

My mom left me with my grandparents for 5 months after she graduated to find a job and apartment for us. But she came back and got me. She also came to visit every weekend. 

Anonymous052386
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:10 PM
No

Quoting Ted1242: Wait, so she took her son to another state?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)