Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moved in with MIL now SIL hates me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

My sweet MIL has stage 4 lung cancer. DH & I had a rental home & were saving to buy. MIL came to us and said that she wanted us to move in with her. This was 3 months ago. At that time she was only given 8 months to live. We agreed, & 2 months ago we moved in. FIL had passed when my DH was 8, so every since DH & SIL moved out, MIL has been alone. She loves being around her grandkids ( DD 5 & DS 6). She says it keeps her going seeing their smiling faces on a daily basis. I have always had an amazing relationship with my MIL & since we've moved here, it has only gotten stronger. This move benefited all of us as a family. SIL has never been kind towards me so I really don't talk to her. She visits MIL once a week. She came by last night & told me that I don't belong here. That she is suppose to take care of her mother, not me. I know this is a hard time, for everyone. But I didn't deserve for her to tell me that. I take great care of her mother & she doesn't have to be grateful for it but my DH & MIL is. SIL only lives 20 mins away, I don't understand why she only comes once a week. She doesn't bring her DD with her neither, she said she doesn't need to see her grandmother like this. She doesnt think its right that I have my children watching their grandmother die. Death is apart of life. My children know grandma is sick & they know she wont be here forever. They know grandma is weak & they try to help her in every little way that they can. I just don't feel its SIL place to tell me how to raise my children. We all have our opinions but sometime they are best left unsaid. I'm just venting.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:34 PM
Your SIL is a jealous and petty bitch. Try not to let her bug you. She should be grateful and kissing your ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:51 PM

Thank you. I try to not let her get to me but she really pissed me off yesterday.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your SIL is a jealous and petty bitch. Try not to let her bug you. She should be grateful and kissing your ass.

SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:53 PM

We moved in with my MiL (at her request) in 2007 to take care of her. She didn't have cancer but she was in failing health.

I think you SiL just jealous that you and MiL are close. Ignore her bitchiness. You have just as much right to be there considering MiL ASKED you guys to move in. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:55 PM
No doubt. She sounds like she'll be a greedy nightmare if MIL passes away. Make sure her affairs are in order. Your DH should be the executor of her will. It's hard enough losing someone you cherish. It's even harder when relatives behave horribly and get greedy. Been there.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Thank you. I try to not let her get to me but she really pissed me off yesterday.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your SIL is a jealous and petty bitch. Try not to let her bug you. She should be grateful and kissing your ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)