Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to handle this gracefully...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
We got this new girl at my store. I like her a lot, seems like a good worker. Very nice girl. The issue? She is obsessed with my Dh and, slightly less so, myself. I actually hired her by his recommendation. They were in rehab together ( recovering alcoholics). She doesn't like flirt with him or anything and I absolutely don't see her as a threat. Dh likes her well enough and admires how hard she is working at staying sober but definitely no romantic type interest at all. The bad thing is her obsession. She gets all excited when he picks me up. At work, she is constantly up my behind, following me everywhere asking me a billion questions about myself and about Dh. At first I just brushed it off, but it's really starting to get irritating. I'm not sure how to approach this. I really do like the girl otherwise....

Any thoughts ladies?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2016 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 3:10 PM
Hmmm... I'm not sure.
quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 3:11 PM

you lost me at'she met my dh at rehab'..theres so much wrong in that sentence i cant even..

GaleJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Does her recovery include a sponsor? If so you and your husband should talk to that sponsor about the problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Tell her that at work you talk about work, not your personal life.   If that doesn't help, then tell her that you prefer to keep your personal life personal & that you won't speak about your family with her anymore. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 3:13 PM
It's possible she does want something more.
Or, it's also possible she is trying to develop a friendship with you using what you have in common, your dh.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Tell her that the obsessed puppy dog love act has got to go.  She's an adult in an adult work setting and needs to behave more professionally.

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jun. 11, 2016 at 3:15 PM

Flat out ask her if she wants your DH b/c she gives you that vibe. Not hard.

mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Jun. 11, 2016 at 3:16 PM

When she asks you about your life tell her to get you a coffee and then rub your feet while you tell her about your night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM
3 moms liked this
She's going to wear your skin as a suit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 3:58 PM
He may be saying he's not interested but she certainly is.

Tell her you don't discuss your personal business at work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)