Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gardeners, come hither

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

Mobile Photo

I bought this zucchini plant today at Wally World. The directions say to plant the whole pot in the ground to prevent root trauma. The directions also say to space plants two feet apart, and there appears to be three plants in the pot. So what do I do?
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Baker420
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:37 PM
You plant them all and thin out the 2 that are weaker. The pot biodegrades.
Baker420
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:38 PM
Take the plastic off the top of the pot, also
RainbowEater
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:39 PM
But I only bought one. Shouldn't there be more than one to cross pollinate or whatever? Or will one be fine?

Quoting Baker420: You plant them all and thin out the 2 that are weaker. The pot biodegrades.
Baker420
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:42 PM
You don't need a cross pollinator. I realize you only bought one, but you just said yourself that there's 3 plants in there. Pull 2 of them out and you will be left with 1.

Quoting RainbowEater: But I only bought one. Shouldn't there be more than one to cross pollinate or whatever? Or will one be fine?

Quoting Baker420: You plant them all and thin out the 2 that are weaker. The pot biodegrades.
RainbowEater
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM
Oh okay. I just didn't think one plant would be okay by itself. I always thought things needed to cross pollinate

Quoting Baker420: You don't need a cross pollinator. I realize you only bought one, but you just said yourself that there's 3 plants in there. Pull 2 of them out and you will be left with 1.

Quoting RainbowEater: But I only bought one. Shouldn't there be more than one to cross pollinate or whatever? Or will one be fine?

Baker420
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:46 PM
Nope, not everything. I can see why you would think that, but all you need is bugs and bees for most garden veggies.

Quoting RainbowEater: Oh okay. I just didn't think one plant would be okay by itself. I always thought things needed to cross pollinate

Quoting Baker420: You don't need a cross pollinator. I realize you only bought one, but you just said yourself that there's 3 plants in there. Pull 2 of them out and you will be left with 1.

Baker420
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:47 PM
Bonnie plants are fantastic, btw.
RainbowEater
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 5:34 PM
Thanks for all your advice!

Quoting Baker420: Bonnie plants are fantastic, btw.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)