Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you use real estate agents when buying or selling homes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
If so, do you feel it is worth it? Do you take their advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:39 PM

Yes on all counts. I've bought two and sold one, used an agent each time and wouldn't do either without one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:41 PM

We have only bought. But yes we used a real estate agent. We were first time home buyers and had no clue what we were doing. Our real estate agent and mortgage broker were both awesome and really helped us with the whole process. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:45 PM
Absolutely. One of my friends recently sold her house herself and was impressed that she got $8,000 more than they paid for it when they bought without an agent five years ago. With the improvements they made and the increase in value in that neighborhood they should have made around $30,000; realtor fees would have been $15,000 or so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:46 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous 3:

We have only bought. But yes we used a real estate agent. We were first time home buyers and had no clue what we were doing. Our real estate agent and mortgage broker were both awesome and really helped us with the whole process. 

LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:46 PM
Absolutely. I needed my house to sell fast and so I hired the guy with the best marketing plan. His pictures, virtual tour and prime ad locations made selling my home for maximum profit possible.

I would have paid too much for this house if I had not listened to the realtor when we bought this house (different realtor). She advised us to hold off on putting in an offer. We waited, the owner dropped the price and we swooped it up for less than we expected to pay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:48 PM
Don't you kind of have to, in order to understand all the documents & funding info & to not get screwed over legally?
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:56 PM

We bought one without.  This one with.  She was both the buyers and sellers agent.  We ended up being owed money at close, so yes, worth it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:57 PM
It is akin to representing yourself in a divorce; a lot of hard work, you have to know what you're doing, and it's not for everyone. Plenty of people can do it by themselves. My dad has done it several times and got a good deal BUT he has a long background working in title and law so he had a leg up.

Quoting Anonymous 6: Don't you kind of have to, in order to understand all the documents & funding info & to not get screwed over legally?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)