Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS was suspended for breaking up a fight

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Today at school his friend got jumped by another student. He was getting hurt so DS went and pulled the guy off him. Finally the teachers showed up. All three boys were sent to the office. The principal gave them each 5 days of suspension. 

There is a zero tolerance for fighting. I can understand that however DS wasnt even really fighting. The principal said to read the bylaws and that any involvement in a fight is not tolerated. 

It doesnt matter if someone punches you and you are defending yourself. It doesnt matter if someone is defending someone else, and it doesnt matter if someone is just pulling apart a fight 

Needless to say I am pissed off. The guy who did the jumping deserves a far greater punishment IF they have to punish everyone. They even reviewed it on the tape and saw that DS just pulled the guy off. 

I am pissed. I am going to take it higher up because this is unfair. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LJEJ16
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:57 PM
Fight it
DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:58 PM
If your son truly just pulled him off, and there is footage, I'd take it to the media.
Blackburn3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:01 PM
I would fight it. That is not fair at all. So if his friend was being killed everyone around is supposed to stand there and do nothing ? And if they do they get punished ? Hell no I would go all the way to the superintendent and school board and media if necessary.
Thewife06
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:02 PM
Threaten to get a lawyer and take it to the media. See how quickly their attitude changes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)