Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:45 PM
  • 37 Replies
I was 19 years old when i had my first and i breastfed for a couple of months, pumped, and eventually switched to formula because i was uncomfortable.

I gave birth to my second child 3 years later, wanted to "do it right" and try to breastfeed him and also felt extremely uncomfortable.

Im interested in why it comes natural for some and why it feels to others, like myself, feels uncomfortable?
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:47 PM
Different personality types.
DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:47 PM
I tried to convince myself for months that it would be okay if I didn't. But in the end I knew t would benefit my child. I never loved breastfeeding. But he got two full years. We stopped the day after his 2nd birthday.
KickingWing
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:50 PM
I tried myself to breastfeed but for me, it was just so uncomfortable. I get the beauty behind it but it was just so gross, in a lack of better words, to me.

Quoting DezarooMama: I tried to convince myself for months that it would be okay if I didn't. But in the end I knew t would benefit my child. I never loved breastfeeding. But he got two full years. We stopped the day after his 2nd birthday.
iwilliams76
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Were you around women who breastfed their babies much growing up? I think for some it's a matter of it being "normal" or not. Also it just doesn't just come easily to some

. I grew up with it being the way you fed a baby. I wasn't around people who formula fed. Nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't my normal. I had my first at 18 & breastfed for 2 years. I breastfed my second for 2.5 years, & I'll do the same for the baby I'm having in a week.

Stevensmomma
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:53 PM
Not sure everyone is different my first born o was young i was 21 and felt uncomfortable i had no support on the bf end at all so never tried. My second i jad a hard time and ended up pumping for a year. This time my thrid i am enjoying every second of it he's eight months and doing amazing i wish all three were like him !!
DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:53 PM
Icky. That's how I described it. I never enjoyed it. Yes it was a lot easier sometimes lol! Vacations were a breeze when he was little. No need to bring formula. But at the end of the day.. It was still someone sucking on me.

Quoting KickingWing: I tried myself to breastfeed but for me, it was just so uncomfortable. I get the beauty behind it but it was just so gross, in a lack of better words, to me.

Quoting DezarooMama: I tried to convince myself for months that it would be okay if I didn't. But in the end I knew t would benefit my child. I never loved breastfeeding. But he got two full years. We stopped the day after his 2nd birthday.
KickingWing
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:56 PM
I feel guilty in a way that i couldnt do it. I did try but it was just so awkward for me.

Quoting DezarooMama: Icky. That's how I described it. I never enjoyed it. Yes it was a lot easier sometimes lol! Vacations were a breeze when he was little. No need to bring formula. But at the end of the day.. It was still someone sucking on me.

Quoting KickingWing: I tried myself to breastfeed but for me, it was just so uncomfortable. I get the beauty behind it but it was just so gross, in a lack of better words, to me.

Thunderbug75
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:57 PM
I had no expectations. I was just going to try it. I had formula bought and ready to go. But my son took to it like a champ. So, I said ok we'll do it until I return to work. When I went back my boss and co-workers were so accommodating and we continued to BF for the next 2 years. But I am positive that if we had hit any bumps in the road I would have quit.

I really enjoyed it but that was because it was so effortless. There was no pressure on either one of us.
caito
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:58 PM

None of us are the same. We all have different minds and bodies and our babies are different as well. Breastfeeding didn't work with my first kid but it's going great with my second.

KickingWing
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:01 PM
I suppose some take it more naturally than others. But for yourself, was there ever a time that it made you feel uncomfortable?

Quoting Thunderbug75: I had no expectations. I was just going to try it. I had formula bought and ready to go. But my son took to it like a champ. So, I said ok we'll do it until I return to work. When I went back my boss and co-workers were so accommodating and we continued to BF for the next 2 years. But I am positive that if we had hit any bumps in the road I would have quit.

I really enjoyed it but that was because it was so effortless. There was no pressure on either one of us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)