Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was I bragging???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

Dh has a coworker who recently moved to the area.  The guy wanted me to meet his wife so she would have friends.  We met a couple of times and became FB friends.  We invited them over last week so the kids can play and she started asking me a bunch of questions about our house and the things in it.  She asked if we bought or are renting.  We bought, she's renting.  She asked how much our kitchen table and living room furniture costs because she like it and wanted to see if it was in her budget (we had just bought it a 2 months before).  It was weird but I told her it was $5K.  Then she asked how much we pay a month on the furniture and I told her we paid cash.  Since she was so interested in the house, I took her on a tour and she made a bunch of comments on how she liked it and how different it was.  We made small talk and she seemed really nice.  I thought I could hang with her.

Then the next day I see on FB that she posted the night before about how her husband gave her such great advice about people trying to throw what they have in her face.  And how it shows a lot about their character.  You could say the post wasn't about me but come on!  I was content to keep talking about the kids school and how she likes the area.  She's the one who asked a million questions about my house and how much we paid for stuff. I am proud of the way we live but I don't really like to talk about what we have.  She just seemed so enthusiastic so it didn't seem like a big deal.

I think she may be drama so I'm not interested in getting to know her anymore.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wldntulike2no
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this
yea i would stay away and dont sweat it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:39 PM
It may not have been about you.
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:40 PM

That is really bizarre.  I would stay away from her.

mollyk124
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
She trapped you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:41 PM
Maybe something came up prior to being In your home and she was comparing...
I really don't know.
Is let it go and stay politely away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:41 PM
Ignore her. If she can't handle the truth she shouldn't have asked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:43 PM

It may or may not have been about you.  I'm a paranoid person, so I would assume she's talking about me, if she posted it after she met me.  

The best answer for nosy people is "I don't remember, I bought it awhile ago".  I only share financial stuff with my friends, and SOME coworkers who I'm very close to.

Oh well OP, no love lost lol.  If you see her again, just follow her lead.  If she seems distant then you be the same.  If she's friendly, then you be the same.

nichole_erin
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:45 PM
I had a friend that liked to ask the same kind of inappropriate questions about finances. She became kind of obsessive about comparing our lives and I eventually had to cut her off. She acted like I was the one throwing it in her face, but she was always the one to bring it in to the conversation. If I were you, I would avoid that lady in the future.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:48 PM
Well she invited us to her son's bday next month and I said yes. That was before the fb thing though. I have a feeling something will come up on that day lol.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

It may or may not have been about you.  I'm a paranoid person, so I would assume she's talking about me, if she posted it after she met me.  

The best answer for nosy people is "I don't remember, I bought it awhile ago".  I only share financial stuff with my friends, and SOME coworkers who I'm very close to.

Oh well OP, no love lost lol.  If you see her again, just follow her lead.  If she seems distant then you be the same.  If she's friendly, then you be the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2016 at 8:49 PM
She did ask questions I wouldn't ask unless I was really comfortable with that person. I am going to avoid her.

Quoting nichole_erin: I had a friend that liked to ask the same kind of inappropriate questions about finances. She became kind of obsessive about comparing our lives and I eventually had to cut her off. She acted like I was the one throwing it in her face, but she was always the one to bring it in to the conversation. If I were you, I would avoid that lady in the future.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)