Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your parents still alive?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:46 PM
  • 78 Replies
If not, how old were they when they passed? If so, are they in good health? Do you worry about the end for them?

by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:48 PM

yes they are alive. I do worry about them. My dad has lost his mom, his two sisters and one of his brothers already, so I worry. My mom lost her brother. Plus there have been a lot of other deaths in the family and close to our family. health issues and such

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:48 PM
Yes, both of my parents are, as is my FIL

And my 91 year old grandpa
tvsoccermom15
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:48 PM

No.  Sadly, I lost my mom at age 70 due to CHF.  My dad at age 77 to colon cancer.

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:49 PM

I don't know if that male parent is living or not. My mom is still alive.

Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:49 PM

My father passed when he was 72. My mother is 70 and is perfectly healthy. Why would I worry about the end for them? Its going to happen

awbredux
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Yes, they are very much alive and going strong! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:50 PM

Both my parents are dead.  My mom died Nov 2014 from breast cancer.  She was 66.  My dad died only 3 months in Feb 2015 later of a massive heart attack.  The cops told me he died from a broken heart.  He was 64.

I think about them everyday and miss them so much.  People tell me it gets better but I'm not so sure.  I wish people would appreciate their parents more.

WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:50 PM
Yes. Both parents, both grand parents and both great grand parents. My grandmother just became a great great grandmother at 78.

We are vampires
MrsDukati
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:50 PM
My mom and stepdad are alive. My mom has COPD, but it isn't bad yet. My stepdad will need a hip replacement in the next five years or so.

My dad died of cirrhosis of the liver when I was 16. Last I heard my stepmom had a stroke and was in a nursing home, but I'm not sure if she's still alive.
mrsbrimer
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:50 PM

Yes. my parents are both 57 years old.. my dad has some health issues but he seems ok for now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)