Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

F***ing drugs!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
An old high school friend of mine ODed and died today. He was doing so well. He was clean, had a great job, finally got back on his feet, and was in a great place. Last any one knew he was still clean, and doing great, according to his brother, whom I talked to today. No one saw this coming. We're all sitting here wondering what the hell happened that caused him to fall back, and kill himself. He leaves behind a beautiful 8 year old who was so much a daddy's girl that she went through almost daddy withdrawl when he was in rehab 8 months ago. My heart breaks for her, and his family.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeaganP
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:13 PM
Drugs just suck
M0m0f0n3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Drugs are the WORST! Sorry about your friend :(

janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:14 PM

i am very sorry for your loss. 

DirtyPrincess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:16 PM
Sorry for your loss. Drugs suck.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:18 PM
So sorry
Corieva
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:19 PM
So very sorry...
WhatABeach
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:19 PM
Chances are he attempted to do the same amount of drugs that he was doing before he got clean. His body couldn't handle that large amount of drugs after not having had it in his system for month and he over dosed from it. It happens more often then you would think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:22 PM
I am so sorry for your loss and for his daughter. It's an awful epidemic right now. Herion is a huge problem in my area right now. Almost everyday I read about another young life lost.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:25 PM
So sorry for your loss. This is my biggest fear with my brother. He has been clean 3 months now but its always in the back of my mind that he could go back to it at any time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:49 PM
He'd been clean for almost a year. He got out of rehab 8 months ago, and doing great.

Quoting WhatABeach: Chances are he attempted to do the same amount of drugs that he was doing before he got clean. His body couldn't handle that large amount of drugs after not having had it in his system for month and he over dosed from it. It happens more often then you would think.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)