Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this rude?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I recently had a baby boy back in March and I had a bunch of stuff for a boy like enough for triplets maybe. I have a friend due with a boy in July. My friend texts me and pretty much expecting me to give her the stuff my baby couldn't and wouldn't use. I really don't mind helping a friend out and I already offered her some stuff. We live in different states so I have to mail everything out. I just felt it was kind of rude. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:47 PM
Yes, I'd find that rude. If I were the friend, I'd of asked if you wanted to sell it but I wouldn't want to pay to have it all shipped so I'd probably just hit up Ross or something If I was low on funds.
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:49 PM

yes that was rude. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:50 PM
I wouldn't give (much less send on my dime ) the clothes to her simply because she already expected it.

I hate when people act like something that belongs to me is automatically theirs when I'm done with it.
Lillibella
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:50 PM
Any time someone assumes they're entitled to your belongings for whatever reason, it's definitely rude.
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:00 PM

straight up asking for it? Yeah that's kind of rude. 

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:28 PM

yes, it's just as rude (if not more so) than inviting yourself to someone's house / party.  ugh.

my response would have been, "sorry, but I'm not sure we're done with them yet."

ilovemykids323
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:30 PM

it was rude and it would make me not send the stuff.

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:32 PM
Agree

Quoting Lillibella: Any time someone assumes they're entitled to your belongings for whatever reason, it's definitely rude.
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:33 PM
From the way the post sounds, she didn't even ask. She just expected.

Quoting OneToughMami:

straight up asking for it? Yeah that's kind of rude. 

srltb143
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:37 PM

I don't know....did you already tell this friend that you had an excess of things?  Maybe she just wanted to let you know she could use it if you were going to get rid of it.

Personally, I probably wouldn't ask if it weren't offered to me.  At the same time though I see nothing wrong with someone saying "hey...if you are just going to get rid of that stuff I could really use it...."  In that case though she should offer to pay shipping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)