Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possible to be Pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Okay so I really messed up. I got my last Depo shot in May and I forgot to schedule my next depo appointment thinking I would eventually get to it. Problem is that at the time I had a ton of things going on between college, getting married, visiting family, and other personal things that I forgot to schedule it. I called today to schedule my depo shot but they told me that I missed what was supposed to be my next shot so we have to start over again and I'll be going to get it this week. I thought I had more time but my husband and I have had unprotected sex 3 times last week. I think I missed shot by about a week.

Is it possible to be pregnant so soon after missing it? I have been on it for about a year now. I know it is my fault so please no need to remind me of how stupid I was.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2016 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2016 at 5:38 PM
It is, and it's also possible to get pregnant on the depo..especially if you're having unprotected sex.
sorrynotsorry1
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2016 at 5:39 PM

These are the best. What do YOU think?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2016 at 5:40 PM
Yup. That's how my cousin ended up with her first. She was on Depo lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: It is, and it's also possible to get pregnant on the depo..especially if you're having unprotected sex.
GarysGirl85
by Celebrate Life on Jul. 19, 2016 at 5:41 PM
Yes you could be. You had sex without any kind of bc in place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 19, 2016 at 5:42 PM
This. That's how my friends 6 year old came to be.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It is, and it's also possible to get pregnant on the depo..especially if you're having unprotected sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2016 at 5:42 PM
Right! Birth control isn't 100% protective!

Op-
If you don't want another baby, have DH wear a rubber, or a vasectomy ..or don't have sex, lol.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yup. That's how my cousin ended up with her first. She was on Depo lol

blondieinva80
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2016 at 5:44 PM
You had sex,so yes.
KTU
by Kim on Jul. 19, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Of course it is possible! It is also possible to get pregnant while on BC.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2016 at 5:46 PM
Oh boy, don't even get me started on BC not being 100% effective lol I ended up becoming pregnant with an IUD. I mean, eventually we wanted another baby, but not that soon.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Right! Birth control isn't 100% protective!

Op-
If you don't want another baby, have DH wear a rubber, or a vasectomy ..or don't have sex, lol.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yup. That's how my cousin ended up with her first. She was on Depo lol

flibbertygibbet
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2016 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
You could be.
But, you might not be.
I know many woman who want to get pg after Depo, only to find out that it sometimes takes forever to get out of your system.
Of course ANY time you have sex, barring hysterectomy, there is a chance you could get pregnant.
Be safe for the next week.
Take a pregnancy test the morning before your shot, most likey you're ok
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)