Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's not our wedding!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
DH has to travel for work next week so we decided to wrap it into a long vacation for just the two of us. SIL is getting married on the 20th. She is throwing a fit that we won't be around the week before her wedding. None of us are actually in the wedding, just guests. We will be back on the 18th. My parents are keeping the kids so it affects no one of DH's side. I think bridezilla is just mad she isn't going to have big bro and myself to do her bidding. Is it wrong of us to book a vacation so close it her wedding?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:03 AM
Your dh is her brother and hes not in the wedding?
Princess_Thena
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Not at all. If you aren't in the wedding, all you have to do is show up to the actual wedding. Why does she want you around prior to the big day?
Maiden6910
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:06 AM
If you're not in it, then your only obligation is to show up to the ceremony and reception. Have fun on your vacation!
admsj5
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:08 AM
Not at all. You aren't in it, so no other duties than to show up at scheduled time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:09 AM
She is 14 years younger than us. All of their wedding party are "Greek" siblings. I am sure we will be in pictures and we are invited to the rehearsal but DH nor the kids are playing any part in the wedding. Honestly, I can't say I am upset. She's been quite particular in how she wants everything done.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your dh is her brother and hes not in the wedding?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:10 AM
She can't answer that she's just throwing a fit about it. We are invited to the reversal dinner but that is Friday night. We get back Thursday morning.

Quoting Princess_Thena: Not at all. If you aren't in the wedding, all you have to do is show up to the actual wedding. Why does she want you around prior to the big day?
STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this

nothing wrong with your plans.  Like you said, not your wedding, nor are you participants. 

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:14 AM

Yeah if your not at all involved in the Wedding, she should have no issues with it, she has her whole bridal party etc to help out during that week

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:15 AM

You aren't doing anything wrong. You are not in thrall to her "special day."

blessed107
by Diamond Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:16 AM
I would ignore her tantrum.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)