Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 days without texting rule in dating...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I've been talking to guy for about a month now. We text about random stuff and we've gone out twice. We probably would have gone out again, but he's been out of town visiting family. We haven't text for the last two days which is fine, but im not really good at dating more than one guy at a time. He usually texts everyday and its really the only way I can gauge his interest level. I've gone ahead and agreed to meet someone else for coffee this weekend as he hasn't tried to set up another date. Today will be day three... To me, if a guy is interested he needs to show it and pursue and I don't really like having to guess. I've considered that after three days of no contact I should just assume he's not interested and move on, but maybe im wrong....
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:24 AM

Where are you getting all these arbitrary "rules"?

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:29 AM

Its only been 1 month, and you have only met twice, so honestly I wouldn't call that dating, its more a getting to know eachother scenario, so of course you are free to go for coffee and talk with someone else, as you have no commitment. I also dont think 3 days is really that long when your not dating, and you also said he is away visiting family, so hopefully he is busy enjoying time with them. You may be reading into things too much and putting a bit of pressure on the situation, its only been 2 days.

admsj5
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:30 AM
Have you texted him during this 3 day time frame?
Princess_Thena
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:30 AM
Where are these "rules" coming from? Why does HE have to show interest? Do you ever initiate contact?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:34 AM
I do sometimes. I was thinking of shooting him a text today maybe. I know im overthinking things. I wish I didn't do that.

Quoting Princess_Thena: Where are these "rules" coming from? Why does HE have to show interest? Do you ever initiate contact?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:35 AM
It would be my own rule based on not wasting my own time.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Where are you getting all these arbitrary "rules"?

Princess_Thena
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:35 AM
Yes, do that. Don't make assumptions, and don't put all the pressure on him.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I do sometimes. I was thinking of shooting him a text today maybe. I know im overthinking things. I wish I didn't do that.

Quoting Princess_Thena: Where are these "rules" coming from? Why does HE have to show interest? Do you ever initiate contact?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:36 AM
I think you're right but if the coffee guy and I like each other, then im juggling which I hate.

Quoting Princess_s21:

Its only been 1 month, and you have only met twice, so honestly I wouldn't call that dating, its more a getting to know eachother scenario, so of course you are free to go for coffee and talk with someone else, as you have no commitment. I also dont think 3 days is really that long when your not dating, and you also said he is away visiting family, so hopefully he is busy enjoying time with them. You may be reading into things too much and putting a bit of pressure on the situation, its only been 2 days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:37 AM
The last thing we text about was jojo in the finale of bachelorette. So it's not like there was anything to respond to last time we communicated

Quoting Princess_Thena: Yes, do that. Don't make assumptions, and don't put all the pressure on him.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I do sometimes. I was thinking of shooting him a text today maybe. I know im overthinking things. I wish I didn't do that.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:37 AM
He's not interested if he hasn't called and asked you out yet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)