Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Double bypass surgery

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

My uncle went in for an angiogram with possible angioplasty yesterday. During the procedures it was discovered that the blockage to his heart was much worse than they thought. So the hospital kept him overnight and today he is scheduled for open heart surgery. He goes in for pre-op at 10am, and the double bypass surgery starts at 11am. I cried all yesterday afternoon and evening after finding out. My mom is worried sick. Both her parents have passed away, and she only has her brother left. So please, if you can, send out some prayers or wishes or positive vibes for my uncle to make it through his surgery today. I will be forever grateful.

Sincerely,

One worried niece.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:11 AM

May his medical team possess gifted hands and the swiftest minds. Warm thoughts and wishes are with you, your family, and your uncle. <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you, that means a lot, and actually made my eyes tear up 

Quoting OwlNuggets:

May his medical team possess gifted hands and the swiftest minds. Warm thoughts and wishes are with you, your family, and your uncle. <3

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Clearly this is a very, very scary and emotional time for you all. I hope you guys can all lean on each other for support during this extremely terrifying phase of his care.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Thank you so much. We are just so hoping for the best. I haven't had my father in my life since I was 7 years old, and my grandpa had passed away before I was born, so my uncle was always that father figure for me. I just keep praying and praying. I really can't afford to imagine it going any other way besides good right now.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Clearly this is a very, very scary and emotional time for you all. I hope you guys can all lean on each other for support during this extremely terrifying phase of his care.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Oddly enough, one of my Iowa cousins is currently in the hospital for congestive heart failure and things were looking very bleak, but he starting to come out of it enough that he was removed from his medically induced coma and they can actually look at options now.

DON'T LOSE HOPE! Medical advancements are just insane these days. Lend all your will and energy towards his fighting spirit. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Thank you so much. We are just so hoping for the best. I haven't had my father in my life since I was 7 years old, and my grandpa had passed away before I was born, so my uncle was always that father figure for me. I just keep praying and praying. I really can't afford to imagine it going any other way besides good right now.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:38 AM

That is an amazing story, and lends such hope! Thank you for sharing that. I hope your cousin gets well soon!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Oddly enough, one of my Iowa cousins is currently in the hospital for congestive heart failure and things were looking very bleak, but he starting to come out of it enough that he was removed from his medically induced coma and they can actually look at options now.

DON'T LOSE HOPE! Medical advancements are just insane these days. Lend all your will and energy towards his fighting spirit. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:41 AM

He's a great guy, I'm glad he has at least a fighting chance. Good luck to your uncle too! *hug* I hope y'all get some good news soon.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That is an amazing story, and lends such hope! Thank you for sharing that. I hope your cousin gets well soon!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:49 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:54 AM

bump

lovebugs_mom906
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
My dad had quadruple bypass surgery 8 years ago. He's alive and in much better condition now at 64. I know how scary it is, but your uncle will be ok πŸ˜‰

Hugs and prayers to you and your family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)