Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elegant hair style for fad colored hair??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

My hair looks exactly like this, except my purple ombre is much darker.

I've had it for a few months and i've maintained it pretty well. I really love it and it's fun. But now my husband has a formal event he has to go to for work. So I have to wear a formal dress and do my hair in some sort of formal manor. My only concern is I feel like it will look weird since it's half natural, half purple.. Does anyone have any ideas for a hair style with hair like this?? 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Just put it up. Something like this.

sweetgrlangel
by Nikki on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:21 AM
A salon can do your hair......
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:22 AM

That's pretty! I wonder if I could do this lol

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Just put it up. Something like this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:23 AM
How about being a grown up and having a normal hair color?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:23 AM

Quoting sweetgrlangel: A salon can do your hair......

I won't have the time. I have no one to watch our kids until right at the time of the event.  She works so she can watch them earlier in the day. So I will have to do it myself.

Princess_Thena
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:24 AM
I would go to a salon.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:24 AM

I do this one all the time. All you need is an elastic hairband and then some creative tucking. There's plenty of YouTube tutorials for it or you can reverse search this image to its original source:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:25 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous 3: How about being a grown up and having a normal hair color?

There's absolutely no reason to be rude and talk down to me over a hair color. A lot of people have hair colors like this, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It doesn't make me any less of a parent or any less of an adult. For instance, I would never judge or speak to someone the way you do. That doesn't make you more of an adult or any better of a person. This is the only thing I get to do for myself, everything else I do is for my kids. I haven't even had a date with my husband in over a year. This will be our first time out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:27 AM

Ooh that's gorgeous!! Thank you!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I do this one all the time. All you need is an elastic hairband and then some creative tucking. There's plenty of YouTube tutorials for it or you can reverse search this image to its original source:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:27 AM
TLDR

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 3: How about being a grown up and having a normal hair color?

There's absolutely no reason to be rude and talk down to me over a hair color. A lot of people have hair colors like this, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It doesn't make me any less of a parent or any less of an adult. For instance, I would never judge or speak to someone the way you do. That doesn't make you more of an adult or any better of a person. This is the only thing I get to do for myself, everything else I do is for my kids. I haven't even had a date with my husband in over a year. This will be our first time out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)