Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this a lot for a new washing machine?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 12:53 PM
  • 72 Replies

I'm being told that $500 is a lot for a new washing machine. I've been online shopping around and found the one I want, its $499 at Best Buy with free delivery.

I think that is a good deal, the same one at Lowes is $100 more.

I want a big one that will hold a comforter.

This is the one I like -

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-4-5-cu-ft-9-cycle-high-efficiency-top-loading-washer-white/3656006.p?id=1219092664834&skuId=3656006

How much would you pay for a new washing machine?

by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Princess_Thena
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 12:55 PM
That price is fine.
sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 12:56 PM

I thought so. My cousin that works with me thinks its a lot. I think its a good deal for this. I really want a bigger one that will hold a lot.

Quoting Princess_Thena: That price is fine.

mommieof38829
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 12:57 PM
Does best buy have someone to repair it if it breaks? I know Lowes here does have someone that will come get it and repair if you purchase from Lowes. That's one thing you need to ask
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 12:59 PM

That's a good price. Are there cheaper ones on the market? Sure but only by about $100. This one has the features you want and it's well within the range of the price of a major appliance.

Does you cousin not shop much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 1:00 PM
My last washer was $950, so that seems really cheap to me.
Diatech12
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 1:00 PM
Normal, I paid a little over 1k for my set earlier this year.

I looked at bestbuy too but it was marginally cheeper. I went with a local business that would do repairs if i needed.
sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 1:00 PM

Good point! I had not thought of that. I bought my last appliance at Lowes and was really impressed with their customer service.

Quoting mommieof38829: Does best buy have someone to repair it if it breaks? I know Lowes here does have someone that will come get it and repair if you purchase from Lowes. That's one thing you need to ask

mom2devin11005
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 1:01 PM

I think that's a great price.... I think my LG one was $600 3 years ago

sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 1:02 PM

She offered to help me find a used one. I told her I was going to talk to the boss first. (the boss is my dad and if he gave me a loan I would pay it back within a month. I dont have credit cards anymore or I would use one.)

Quoting handy0318:

That's a good price. Are there cheaper ones on the market? Sure but only by about $100. This one has the features you want and it's well within the range of the price of a major appliance.

Does you cousin not shop much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 1:03 PM
We just bought a high efficiency top loader. It takes a while to get used to how little water it uses. But now I love it. Ours is 5.5 cu ft--the largest washer we could get. I can fit almost 3 loads in it (as compared to my previous 20 year old washer). I think we paid about $620.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)