Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Wearing spandex in public.

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

So based on the clothing post people wear jammies and such in public ok, I get it, that might be a little too lazy. But I do clogging and wear exercise clothing, sweat pants in the winter and so forth. Why is it considered so inappropriate to wear these clothing in public? I find it absurd to have to drive all the way home to change, to stop by the store after clogging or before clogging. Why not just go to the store in my clogging clothes? Shit Ive gone in public / stores in my costume.

by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:43 PM
Because they want something to bitch about of course.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:45 PM
Video of you clogging

Stat

Quoting theResidentCat:

So based on the clothing post people wear jammies and such in public ok, I get it, that might be a little too lazy. But I do clogging and wear exercise clothing, sweat pants in the winter and so forth. Why is it considered so inappropriate to wear these clothing in public? I find it absurd to have to drive all the way home to change, to stop by the store after clogging or before clogging. Why not just go to the store in my clogging clothes? Shit Ive gone in public / stores in my costume.

theResidentCat
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Well i get it if its obvious someone is wearing yoga pants or something as an actual outfit but how do we really know they are wearing that as an outfit or if they just got out of yoga class or something?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Because they want something to bitch about of course.

Dance moms make the world go around. Join other dance moms here.

theResidentCat
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:46 PM

you didnt like????

Quoting mmm2015: Video of you clogging Stat
Quoting theResidentCat:

Dance moms make the world go around. Join other dance moms here.

Not_A_Native
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:47 PM

I dunno.

My husband cycles.  He wears spandex bicyling clothes.  If he needs to go into the store to buy a gatorade, he does.  I go to the gym each morning - if I need to stop and get gas, or stop by the store (rarely) on the way there - I'm in gym clothes (all spandex).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:49 PM
That's the thing you never know. My gym is across the street from a bank, grocery store, and coffee shop. People are always in their workout clothes when shopping or getting coffee.

Quoting theResidentCat:

Well i get it if its obvious someone is wearing yoga pants or something as an actual outfit but how do we really know they are wearing that as an outfit or if they just got out of yoga class or something?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Because they want something to bitch about of course.

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:50 PM
Don't let yourself be limited by the small minded people. Go to the store in whatever you want. It's your choice to care or not what people say that you're suppose to do.
morgiefae
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:51 PM

I can't tell you how many times I've been into stores wearing medieval get-up.... the looks... are awesome... I was not going to make a special stop at home, or wait until I got to the location to change, screw that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:52 PM
I live in southern az. People shop in bikinis.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)