Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

best toilet bowl cleaner?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:36 PM
  • 22 Replies

I recently moved and the toilets are gross. I scrubbed them and black stuff keeps popping up around the bottom. I used scrubbing bubbles and lysol toilet cleaner. any other tricks that you ladies know of?

by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brvdsmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:43 PM
I use the disposable Clorox toilet wand thing, has a handle and the round blue/white scrubbing disk that snaps on to it. I also keep a Clorox bleach tablet in the back of the tank
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:51 PM

I will try that...dh thinks its mold but i dont know what it is

Quoting brvdsmom: I use the disposable Clorox toilet wand thing, has a handle and the round blue/white scrubbing disk that snaps on to it. I also keep a Clorox bleach tablet in the back of the tank

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Sounds like the toilet is shot and needs replacing.  Short of that, get some rust stop tablets to put in the tank itself, along with a bleach cleaner.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:55 PM

I doubt the landlord is going to be doing that any time soon :/

Quoting Melissa_4:

Sounds like the toilet is shot and needs replacing.  Short of that, get some rust stop tablets to put in the tank itself, along with a bleach cleaner.

AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:55 PM

Pour some bleach in before you go to bed, and let it sit all night (or 2:00 am if you get up in the middle of the night like I do.)  You may have to do it a few times, but eventually it'll kill just about anything lurking in there.

Is the black stuff solid, like pieces of something?  Or is it the porcelain that's turning black?

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:56 PM
The Works
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:57 PM
A woman
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:57 PM
Distilled vinegar and baking soda.
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Borax. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:59 PM

That works great for clogs, but I've never heard of it as a bowl cleaner.  Does it really work to get out mold or whatever?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Distilled vinegar and baking soda.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)