Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lol you cant even do it and youre b****ing?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

im a dog trainer. at least once a week i get that token person that refuses to do their part in the class (no skin off my back, i still get paid even if they dont do anything). today i had that person. she sat on the ground and expected me to train her dog myself. thats not how the classes work. i show you how to do certain things and YOU practice with your dog.

well half way through the class my dh showed up with our kids and said the hospital he works for is short staffed and he needed to go in. so i put my kids to work since they know everything i teach already. the woman who refused to do anything started bitching about my kids there. all while my one YEAR old ds taught her dog to sit down in 2 minutes.....people like this astound me still and ive been doing this since i was 16....i mean come on...my kids can train cats and you cant get off your ass and join in the class you paid for?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:47 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:49 PM
It's pretty unprofessional for your kids to be there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:50 PM
She sounds awful.

I have an old (8 yrs) fat half beagle/half lab who is very well trained. She does sit, stay, search, down, roll over, and catches a treat off the end of her nose. She is an angel with the kids. Our only problem is that she's SO food motivated! If she thinks you're going to give her something it's a lot of jumping and pushing. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:50 PM
Millions of store owners do it. Gardeners do it. Construction companies do it. I can go on.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's pretty unprofessional for your kids to be there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:53 PM
A one year old? Wow...
SueWanda
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:54 PM

eh.  it happens.  While I was working as a disabilities services coordinator for a local university, my kids came ot work with me a few times.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:55 PM
We did it too. No worries.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Millions of store owners do it. Gardeners do it. Construction companies do it. I can go on.

ChrissyReznor
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:55 PM
I agree with this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:57 PM
Just because millions of people do it, doesn't make it okay. There is a pretty big difference in a shop owner, and a dog trainer. I would expect my dog to be given 100% of your attention. That wouldn't be the case, if your children were there.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Millions of store owners do it. Gardeners do it. Construction companies do it. I can go on.

SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:59 PM
I have a lab (they said he's pure bred but I don't believe it) he is very loud. Nothing we have tried seems to get him to stop barking, any suggestions?

I don't mind if he barks to let us know he needs to potty or if someone is here but once he starts he doesn't stop. He even barks at the cats, in a playing way, but won't stop once he starts. Otherwise he's a great dog but the barking LOL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)