Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SD16 got a passport behind everyones back

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 220 Replies

I got a call from one of my friends saying that she saw my SD and her friends late last night an hour away from home in Canada. I asked her if she was sure it was SD and she said yes. 

I called DH and told him what she told me. He said that couldnt be the case because she was at work. We texted SD and asked and she said she was at work. We went there and she wasnt. Her boss said she took the night off. 

She pretended like she was there the whole time. When she showed up "after her shift" at BMs house she was in her work clothes. She was shocked to see us all sitting there. BM asked her where she was, she said work, BM asked her one more time and told her to tell the truth. She was sticking with her story. 

I told her that my friend said that she saw her in Canada. SD tried to deny it but eventually admitted to going with her friends to Canada. We asked her how and she said she went and got a passport. None of us even knew that you could get one at 16 on your own. 

I guess this isnt the first time. Her and her friends like to go to this restaurant/bar and then go to the movies there. Because there is a much different rating system they can buy tickets to see just about whatever movie they want. I think this is such a stupid reason for her to sneak out of the country because we dont really care that much if she sees R rated movies and DH and BM have bought her tickets for them. 

We are not sure if that is just some BS excuse or what. BM wants her to flat out quit her job so they know she isnt lying. DH said that maybe they just verify her work schedule with her boss but SD said that would just get her fired. 

She is also grounded in both houses and they took her drivers license and car away. 

SD has always been "perfect" so this is a huge shock for us all.  (To be more clear about this she has never gotten in trouble ever in her life. She has perfect grades, perfect attendance, and has always been polite and respectful. It is a huge shock that she would do something on this big of a scale when she has neer been in trouble before) 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:22 PM
3 moms liked this

Your last line really explained a shit load of stuff.... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
You don't need a passport to go to Canada.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:23 PM
She is bluffing about getting fired for her parents wanting to know her work schedule. I would talk to her boss about getting her schedule emailed to dh or bm. Or find out when it's posted at work and go check it once a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:24 PM

How so? All I meant by that is that she has never gotten into any trouble. She is always respectful and polite to everyone in every situation. She hasnt even missed a day of school in her life. 

Quoting handy0318:

Your last line really explained a shit load of stuff.... 

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:24 PM
2 moms liked this
No kid is perfect. I think someone should drive her to work and sit there until her shift starts and you see her working. Then pick her up. Maybe randomly go by and check. Obviously this would only work with certain jobs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Of course no kid is perfect. That is why I have it in quotes. She has never been in any trouble ever in her life so this is shocking 

Quoting bleumonster: No kid is perfect. I think someone should drive her to work and sit there until her shift starts and you see her working. Then pick her up. Maybe randomly go by and check. Obviously this would only work with certain jobs.

mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
When we went we needed passports

Quoting Anonymous 2: You don't need a passport to go to Canada.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:27 PM

She probably is bluffing. I am not sure what is going to happen about the job. It might just be easier for her to stop working until we know she can be trusted. DH and BM are going to think about it and then talk again about it. 

Quoting redheadtmk: She is bluffing about getting fired for her parents wanting to know her work schedule. I would talk to her boss about getting her schedule emailed to dh or bm. Or find out when it's posted at work and go check it once a week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

You DO need them for getting back into the US. 

I have also always been asked for one going into Canada 

Quoting Anonymous 2: You don't need a passport to go to Canada.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:27 PM
4 moms liked this
Lol. I was "perfect" too. Or so everyone thought...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)