Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you ever be a tax lien investor

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:17 PM
  • 10 Replies
In simple terms that means you pay someone else's property taxes and get maybe 15-20% interest from that, in profit, and if they don't pay you back you get their house even if the house is worth more than what they owe you. You need money to do it, so even if you don't have the money let's say you did, would you?
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
If I couldn't spell it, I probably wouldn't be it.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:20 PM
*lien
sorrynotsorry1
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:22 PM
Sorry for the typos
81Crystal
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:24 PM
No, I wouldn't feel right profiting from someone else's problems.
sorrynotsorry1
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:26 PM
You are actually helping them because they don't want to lose their house but don't have the funds at that very moment to pay the full amount. So instead they get a little help from you, the investor even though they know they have to be charged/pay a little more for borrowing. But I hear ya:)

Quoting 81Crystal: No, I wouldn't feel right profiting from someone else's problems.
81Crystal
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:29 PM
I've never heard of it before. Is it a common practice?

Quoting sorrynotsorry1: You are actually helping them because they don't want to lose their house but don't have the funds at that very moment to pay the full amount. So instead they get a little help from you, the investor even though they know they have to be charged/pay a little more for borrowing. But I hear ya:)

Quoting 81Crystal: No, I wouldn't feel right profiting from someone else's problems.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:31 PM
Hmmm, what are the drawbacks?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:38 PM
No. I don't think most people would actually pay it and they'd leave the house in shambles. I work for a real estate lawyer and this just sounds like a very expensive nightmare. I'll ask him what he thinks about it tomorrow.
seximami111
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 12:47 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2016 at 12:56 AM
Yes I would but I am a softy so unless you act really stupid I would never take someone's property. Now if you don't pay for 5 years and I send you a letter that you need to pay me back and then have a cow because you did not know you owed me any money then I just might go after you. I have watched someone go through this and all the dumb moves they have done just amazed me even when you tell them what to do! She kept saying she never seen the amount due when she got her tax letters every year so it was not her fault for not looking at the must pay am out and just looking at how much it was and assumed it was paid out of then air.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)