Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I scolded someone's kid

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
There's a kid in my building, he's a terrible brat.
His mom doesn't speak English but the little terror does.
I usually try to avoid the kid, since every time me or my kids encounter him, there's a problem. I've always held my tongue though.

Today coming home from the park next door, he was running away from his very pregnant mom. Playing keep away with her keys.
This very tiny, very pregnant lady was trying to grab the kid as he ran up to her, shoved her, than ran away over and over again. Mom looked like she was going to cry.
As I drew close I said to him the kid "hey come here"
When he came over I let loose. I told him "your mother gave you life And this is how you treat her? She loved you, cares for you. Who's loving her right now when she needs someone to care? What makes you think this is ok? Shame on you! Go give those keys to your mother and apologise right now!"
The kid said to me "sorry ma'am" and went over to his mom.
I saw her asking her older boy, who had come over while I was scolding his brother, what I said.
I looked around and noticed a bunch of people around us had stopped to stare, I got really embarrassed and just went in the building without another word.

Was I wrong to say something?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:54 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:57 PM
Bump
MinnieBooboo17
by LauraBelle on Aug. 4, 2016 at 6:59 PM
I don't think it was wrong... I just wish the older brother had been there to help the poor lady when her brat of a kid was shoving her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Nope. I bet she appreciated it. She might have been embarrassed but I don't care who you are, everyone needs back up sometimes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
He was playing in the playground. I may have drawn some attention. I think my volume was a bit high, oops. I'm a yeller :/

Quoting MinnieBooboo17: I don't think it was wrong... I just wish the older brother had been there to help the poor lady when her brat of a kid was shoving her
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Nope, someone should have said that to him a long time ago.

Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:07 PM

I would have done the same thing. I probably would have marched that kid ove to his mom first though,THEN yelled at him. What a little shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM
Good to know I'm not the only one who'd say something, I was really embarrassed lol

Quoting Rosehawk:

I would have done the same thing. I probably would have marched that kid ove to his mom first though,THEN yelled at him. What a little shit.

ilovemykids323
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:14 PM

no i'd probably be happy if i were her.

Jabojoe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:20 PM
Don't be embarrassed, you did mom a favor. Hopefully the little brat will think twice next time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)