Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mil is mad at dd.

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:04 PM
  • 217 Replies
I got a call from one of dd's friends parents asking if I minded my dd going with them to sea world in a few weeks. I said of course. Dd would have a blast and she wants to go. Well dd mentioned it to her grandma today. Dd will be gone from Thursday to Sunday or Monday. Mil got mad when dd said she wouldn't cancel. My nephew's 13th birthday is in 3 weeks and his party is the same weekend she will be gone on Sunday. I didn't know, my husband didn't know before we'd agreed to this trip. If we had I probably would have let dd choose anyway.

Would you make her cancel a fun trip with a best friend? Or let her go and deal with pissed in laws?
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:07 PM
8 moms liked this

no i wouldn't make her cancel on her trip. i dont know how old dd is but she can always go hang out with nephew/cousin before or after trip give him a present or something lol

jules2boys
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:07 PM

I'd let my kid go but my xMIL wouldn't have asked that in the first place.  Is MIL always so intrusive?  or demanding? 

MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Does your DD want to be at this party so much that she wants to cancel a trip to Sea World??

If not let her go with her friend and their family. 

BTW, are they paying or will your family be paying part of the cost too?

texasma06
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM
She's 11. She's offered that. He said no. If she didn't come to his party he doesn't want to spend time with her.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

no i wouldn't make her cancel on her trip. i dont know how old dd is but she can always go hang out with nephew/cousin before or after trip give him a present or something lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM
I would let her go to sea world.
ilovemykids323
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:12 PM
2 moms liked this

hmm yeah i wouldn't stop her from going to sea world. it'll be a fun experience for her. not saying the party wouldn't be but yea... 

Quoting texasma06: She's 11. She's offered that. He said no. If she didn't come to his party he doesn't want to spend time with her.
Quoting ilovemykids323:

texasma06
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:12 PM
Not with my kids usually. If it was any other nephew mil wouldn't care. But the oldest is treated like a god and everyone should drop everything for him. Dd stopped being interested when he nearly ruined her last birthday fighting with her best friend.

Quoting jules2boys:

I'd let my kid go but my xMIL wouldn't have asked that in the first place.  Is MIL always so intrusive?  or demanding? 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:12 PM

No I wouldn't cancel the trip, But I would defintely still go to the party with out your daughter

texasma06
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:14 PM
No she doesn't want to cancel. She annoyed that her grandma is mad about it.

The friends parents are paying for everything except for trinkets.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

Does your DD want to be at this party so much that she wants to cancel a trip to Sea World??

If not let her go with her friend and their family. 

BTW, are they paying or will your family be paying part of the cost too?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:14 PM
5 moms liked this
I'd let her go to Sea World, grandma doesn't run the show.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)